Few of my daughter

Name
Stephen
Edit My Images
Yes
My first time in the people and portraits room so hi everyone :) The wife has dropped the dreaded request on me, 'will you do a portfolio for Beth'. I love cars and landscape, I hate taking pictures of people. Beth does alot of dance so i took a few of these after a competition (thus the glitter and make up). Now, I dont know the first thing about doing a portfolio and would love some suggestions but so far I have these four, whats everyones thoughts?
thanks
Steve
small1.jpg

small3.jpg

small2.jpg

small4.jpg

I LOVE the first one but all are good. Some wont like the selective colour but I think it works perfectly here. Ive got some advice on portfolios too as im creating my physical one at the mo. Id go for A4 or 10x8, I chose A4 as its nearest to the 3x2 ratio I shoot in.
Also a good place for portfolios are www.portfoliosplus.com. I just bought a book with removable sleeves so you can change images around. I hope this helps.

to add - no3 looks like it has a slight colour cast on it to me (uncalibrated screen though) and the focus looks to be on the flower with the DOF providing just a hint of OOF in her face.

Many thanks for the comments, I tried to lighten number 4 in lightroom but the noise became noticable at 100% zoom, I think it does look better brighter though so might have to sacrafice that for a bit of noise.
pearce_jj, I get the colour cast on my laptop but not on my desktop so not sure on that one, thats the only one ive had printed and it looked ok just a little dark (costco printed it). The face looks out of focus as I used the n egative clarity in lightroom to smooth her skin just slightly.
The question is, would these be the kind of pictures to go for to use in a portfolio or am I barking up the wrong tree?
thanks
Steve

Back