Few Pics from Longleat Safari Park

Name
Nick
Edit My Images
No
Had a weekend away at Center Parcs last weekend with friends (although I nipped out to shoot a wedding on the Saturday too) and on the Monday as we left we all popped into Longleat Safari Park.

Was running round after our nephew and nieces and friends children for most of the day but whilst we were driving round the park and on the boat I snapped these. :)

Baby Giraffes are very cute
longleat-2010-001.jpg

Portrait pic too big for forum > http://www.boundlessphotos.com/wip/longleat-2010-002.jpg

One of my faves from the day, very nice of them to line up like this for me.Portrait pic too big for forum >
http://www.boundlessphotos.com/wip/longleat-2010-003.jpg

longleat-2010-004.jpg

Couldn't get very close to this geezer
longleat-2010-005.jpg

Sea Lions that swim after the boat as they get fed from it.
longleat-2010-006.jpg

The grand old man of Longleat, Nico the 49 year old gorilla that lives on the Island in the lake.
longleat-2010-009.jpg

View of the house from the boat
longleat-2010-010.jpg

Sorry Nick but the logo splashed all over them just spoil it for me :shrug:

Great set of pics, the one of the silverback stands out for me. :)

When you've seen your photos copied all over the place you will understand the need for a watermark.

I do understand what watermarks are for Nick, imo unless you have cornered a market for pictures that tbh most people can take I do not see the reason for such intrusive watermarks. My apologies as I do not want to sound disrespectful, I just needed to reply to your comment ;)
#2 stands out for me.

Last edited:
I do understand what watermarks are for Nick, imo unless you have cornered a market for pictures that tbh most people can take I do not see the reason for such intrusive watermarks. My apologies as I do not want to sound disrespectful, I just needed to reply to your comment ;)
#2 stands out for me.

Sorry but I don't really understand your reply and what cornering the market has to do with anything :shrug:

I have an action that resizes and watermarks stuff that I post to my blog, I tend to use it for everything and not just my wedding images as photo theft is rife these days. Its impossible to police and sometimes people copying images to facebook etc can be great advertising, so long as you have your mark on them.

Sorry if you cant look past the watermark, but its there for a reason and I certainly don't think you need to have cornered a market to warrant the use of a watermark.

Sorry but I don't really understand your reply and what cornering the market has to do with anything :shrug:

I have an action that resizes and watermarks stuff that I post to my blog, I tend to use it for everything and not just my wedding images as photo theft is rife these days. Its impossible to police and sometimes people copying images to facebook etc can be great advertising, so long as you have your mark on them.

Sorry if you cant look past the watermark, but its there for a reason and I certainly don't think you need to have cornered a market to warrant the use of a watermark.

I am just stating that unless you are selling your work as in the wedding stuff then I see no point in splashing big watermarks across an image. It is your choice Nick which I respect (y) but that is how I feel about a lot of images I look at with watermarks :shrug: and imo it does distract ;)

I am just stating that unless you are selling your work as in the wedding stuff then I see no point in splashing big watermarks across an image. It is your choice Nick which I respect (y) but that is how I feel about a lot of images I look at with watermarks :shrug: and imo it does distract ;)

You are of course entitled to your own view but my view is that its not just about the work you sell, its about branding the stuff that may end up being splashed around elsewhere. When people copy stuff from my blog to facebook I don't really mind so long as its got my branding on it.

Back