Few pictures after finally getting my camera back out

Name
Lewis
Edit My Images
Yes
Well basically I had a Nikon d3000 for quite some time and I use to love getting out and shooting photos but I sort of lost the love for it and didn't get out as much as I would like to have so I recently purchased a D300 along with a 50mm F1.8 and hoped that would give me the motivation I need to get myself out more and it seems to have done the trick! So here is a few photos from the times I have been out with it so far, all have been taken with either a 50mm 1.8, 18-70mm or a 24-70 2.8.

I'd love to hear what you's think and what I could improve on!

Thanks!

Paddy's Hole by lewis linton, on Flickr
Infinity Bridge by lewis linton, on Flickr
JC by lewis linton, on Flickr
Squirrel by lewis linton, on Flickr
Osmotherly by lewis linton, on Flickr
Tonight the streets are ours by lewis linton, on Flickr
The dirty 30 by lewis linton, on Flickr

Really nice sharp squirrel shot with good tones and separation from the background

Thanks, I was lucky to get that I went out and only took the 50 with me and spotted that little fella in the distance so I started shooting it from quite a distance but managed to get that close to it and it didn't even flinch till a jogger went past!

As they say in Yorkshire "Nowt wrong a them"...The squirrel is superb! But having said that the rest are pin sharp..

Thanks! It means a lot, I can't stand taking an image and it being soft so I do try to keep them sharp as possible!

The squirrel is the stand-out image for me - superb detail and lovely shallow DOF. The urban one (Newcastle?) I like but obviously would have benefited from having been taken in the blue hour with more light in the sky. But an interesting range of subject and it's good that you'v got your 'mojo' back - I know what it's like to lose it!

The squirrel is lovely, but I would have liked to have seen it with more cropped off the top at least?
I like 1 too.
I think the night shot is nice, but is it a tad noisy??
Maybe someone can comment in case I am wrong. Far from an expert here :D.
Keep up the good work. I am trying to get back into it after losing my mojo too :(

Thanks lads, the night image is indeed Newcastle and it was a bit of unplanned shot. I had been with a couple of pap mates and I had shot that image before but only on my phone and they wanted to go shoot it while we where there so we went and they started snapping away and I didn't bother getting my camera out the car then when they started snapping away I wanted mine so I ran back the car and got it but I didn't have a tripod so I had to place it on a wall 4/5 floors up and hold it so to combat camera shake I had to up the ISO hence the noise.

It does indeed feel good getting my mojo back! :snaphappy:

Back