Few shots from Cannock Chase

well for a beginner these are really good, the perch is better on the third, not keen on the perches of the first two, so better perches make a big difference, I am not keen on seeing the seed in an image but thats personal choice and you did well with the whites which can be a pain so exposure looks good.

No.1 - nice shot, nothing wrong at all

No. 2 - I agree with Kaz in that I'm not a fan of seeing the seed but otherwise a decent effort

No. 3 - best of the bunch, but the white's look a bit blown on my (laptop) monitor

Mike

A good first set Manny, personally I love the Robin (y) but that is just some incurable problem I have :LOL: The Whites on these small birds can be a real pain when there is a harsh light such as this, as mentioned the BT looks good, the Gt imo is just and just as mentioned. An option would be to use the selection tool on the white cheek and just knock the levels down slightly to suite. Did a quick edit and will remove if you wish, but you can see that there is still detail on the white patch.

8733108328_99296fe004_b_zps64919c5b.jpg

well for a beginner these are really good, the perch is better on the third, not keen on the perches of the first two, so better perches make a big difference, I am not keen on seeing the seed in an image but thats personal choice and you did well with the whites which can be a pain so exposure looks good.

thanks Karen. will take your advice :)

No.1 - nice shot, nothing wrong at all

No. 2 - I agree with Kaz in that I'm not a fan of seeing the seed but otherwise a decent effort

No. 3 - best of the bunch, but the white's look a bit blown on my (laptop) monitor

Mike

Pooley, cheers. And you are right, now I've noticed the white on 3 that's a bit blown. will try and do better with PP at least next time.:)

Blue tit ok on mine, great tit blown out a tad..
Cracking images though

Bill

thanks Bill...

Blue Tit looks great! Whites on a Great Tit look a tiny bit blown, but considering the conditions at that time (the sun was very strong), you did very well:)

thanks my friend. and for your help as well.:help:

A good first set Manny, personally I love the Robin (y) but that is just some incurable problem I have :LOL: The Whites on these small birds can be a real pain when there is a harsh light such as this, as mentioned the BT looks good, the Gt imo is just and just as mentioned. An option would be to use the selection tool on the white cheek and just knock the levels down slightly to suite. Did a quick edit and will remove if you wish, but you can see that there is still detail on the white patch.

8733108328_99296fe004_b_zps64919c5b.jpg

many thanks for your comment and for editing. I did see the difference.:)

Back