few shots

I quite like them, though a couple of niggles.

The 1st image, I guess is the hotel you stayed at? I thought it could do with a bit of straightening looking at the bottom of the image, but then I look at the flooring for the 2nd floor and its going the other way so some distortion, most likely from the position you shot it at so maybe don't straighten it as it will fluff up that 2nd floor.

The 2nd image, the guy's suit and head is really dark and almost merges with the object in front of his view but I like the processing, it looks like you've tried capturing some shadow and sun-light (the streaks on the road?) but its not quite worked here - but I still like it, just sort out that bloke :)

The 3rd image, hmmm. Its not doing anything for me really. I guess there's symmetry and lines but the image isn't doing much else for me, interest wise.

Would be nice to see more pics from your trip ? :)

Fabulous images. You got more? A great commentary on the reliance upon and influence of the automobile in US culture.

None of the little technical gripes you'll no doubt receive are important. Listen to them, learn from them, but essentially these images' raw, honest ability to communicate far outstrips such petty concern. Well curated and edited too. I don't mean PP... I mean the sense of unity and uniformity in feel, shape, crop etc. They're a set.. they're the beginnings of a body of work.

My advice is lose the watermark. It's not commercial, or wedding or social portraiture. I know those guys will say leave it on, and fine, that's their area of expertise, who am I to argue, but this is fine art editorial, and NO ONE puts watermarks on that kind of work. It just ruins it. Lose the watermark.

They wouldn't hang as well with the other set... The right hand side one might if treated the same way. The left hand image is just a bit too generic for me.

I like 'em; they have an immediacy which appeals to me.

Chicago? The last shot of the first set looks like the Marina City building on he north side of the loop.

Back