Fibre optic lamp & plasma ball

Edit My Images
Yes
got bored the other night and decided to try some close up shots of... you've guessed it... a fibre (or fiber) optic lamp and a plasma ball thingymagig.

DSC_4712.jpg

DSC_4716.jpg

DSC_4717.jpg

DSC_4719.jpg

DSC_4721.jpg

DSC_4728.jpg

DSC_4739.jpg

DSC_4742.jpg

DSC_4749.jpg

DSC_4759.jpg

And so they are ... (y) ... a good set of pics with a difference ... :D ... got to be #5 for the potb imgo ... ;) ... and it has nothing at all to do with the colour ... :cautious:

08.gif

5 and 9 are great! :)

No 7 is OK too but would be better with those two red blobs cloned out in the lower frame?

Nice work I have done these subjects before and although its tempting to capture loads of cool looking motion blur's it actually works out better to go as you have and create abstract close ups. Very nice would be cool to see some different colours in there perhaps.

5, 6 and 10 for me. They look really nice. What settings did you use on the plasma ball as they don't give out much light, which makes them pretty dificult to shoot.

yeah it was pretty good fun (most the time was just spent watching it and not taking any shots :p) The plasma balls were taken at iso200,f22,~13s, I placed my hand on the ball so I could keep the 'beam' in a specific region to take the shot.

some good stuff there, my personal fave being the 2nd to last. Lovely abstract.

yeah it was pretty good fun (most the time was just spent watching it and not taking any shots :p) The plasma balls were taken at iso200,f22,~13s, I placed my hand on the ball so I could keep the 'beam' in a specific region to take the shot.

That's a novel approach to the light problem.:)

I tried to with a high iso and f/ and a fastish shutter and had dificulty capturing single beams.

Amp34 said:
That's a novel approach to the light problem.:)

I tried to with a high iso and f/ and a fastish shutter and had dificulty capturing single beams.

yeah, that's what I tried at first and found it hard too, results wern't that great with all the noise.

The plasma ball might look better if you can get closer focussing on just the rays, or part of the central ball and rays, to abstract it more. Otherwise to me it looks like a shot of a plasma ball and so it makes it seem badly cropped.

I have been meaning to do something similar with my old fiber optic lamp but never got around to it. Not sure it is worth it now as I could not better number 5. Really like number 6 too.

Great stuff.

Michael.

COOL!!!!! :eek: I'm liking those a lot! I think i got a lamp in the garage I can play with, and a disco mirror ball thingy, think I may have a go. Thanks for the pics and the inspiration!!!! (y)

ps: no 5 is my favorite! :D

Interesting and excellent set of shots. Hard to pick a favorite.

i quite like the 2nd fibre optic one would make a decent backdrop.

Back