Fiddlers Ferry power station

Edit My Images
No
I know this is a popular place to photograph but as its only ten minutes from me I've been trying to capture it in different light and using lots of long exposures. These are from early December - just before it started raining for 20 days solid! Any comments welcomed - its done me good to fix on one subject and try and improve I think - and I had to work hard to find public vantage points which worked...

DSC_7627.jpg

DSC_7138.jpg

Some strange light artifacts on this last one?

DSC_7635.jpg

Nice shots, like the 2nd one just wish it didn't have the distraction of the light on the right hand side.

#2 is a cracker. Great symmetry and composition. I did a b&w conversion and although the warm lighting is nice, in rather likes the b&w. the bright light H side is my only minor crit.

Reminded my of Michael Kenna's power station photograph.

Cheers.

Thanks all - I'll have a look for Michael Kenna's work. Re the softness - they were long exposures but I'll have a look at the full quality images and see what they're like - it's a Tokina lens which I bought from on here as a way into wide angle but I am hankering after a Nikon UWA lens - just not sure which.

Good point about the light - I'd missed that - if I take some more from there I'll avoid it.

Agree that the second one is best (a step to the left would probably have removed the light). No 3 is pretty punch too.

Back