Field viewer

Name
Rob
Edit My Images
Yes
My googling skills have let me down.
Is there something like a 6"-8" `tablet` into which I can put my DSLRs SD card and view/delete while I am out in the field, preferably with a decent battery life and quite robust. I am unhappy about taking my Samsung tablet out in the field and using a card reader. TIA

Not sure whether an OTG adaptor and card reader would work. Might need an app of some sort.

Not sure whether an OTG adaptor and card reader would work. Might need an app of some sort.
I use a card reader at home fine, but as I stated I don't want to this in the field, hence the question.

You can get monitors to plug into DLSRs using the HDMI socket which are intended for video use, but they show whatever is on the back screen so might do the job. Google 'field monitor'.

Last edited:
Hello Rob

just tried camera card into cheapo card reader (from Poundland), OTG from that into Amazon Fire 7.
Works fine. The Fire 7 is usually £50, but often discounted to £35. I have four of them 'just-in-case'.

Regards
Pete

Hello Rob

just tried camera card into cheapo card reader (from Poundland), OTG from that into Amazon Fire 7.
Works fine. The Fire 7 is usually £50, but often discounted to £35. I have four of them 'just-in-case'.

Regards
Pete
And do you have the ability to delete etc pics from the sd card?

Yes - I use CX file explorer for that.

Back