Fieldfare in the Snow

Name
Karen
Edit My Images
No
This is the last of the pics of the fieldfare for a while,am going to wait for some shots with grass or something nice and green or maybe blue sky:LOL:am fed up of this gloomy weather,have been quite pleased with the shots though as it was dull and shutter speeds were low.There is one still here though looks like he is the boss and he is guarding his treasure have loads of apples left,does anyone know when they decide to go home,he might still be here till then:)

fieldfare32.jpg

fieldfare31.jpg

I like them both Kaz (y)

I have one of those in our garden, defends his apples from all comers.

:LOL::LOL: I love the expression in these Kaz, both lovely natural captures imo and the sharpness and feather detail in #1 is bang on. i think yours might be the last to leave the country if you got that many apples :LOL:

Great shots Karen (y)

I have to say I'm a big fan of the angle of the pose in the first one, and often try for something similar. It shows the back feather detail well, which is a part we don't often see in standard shots :)

Edit:- They start to go home in March, but some stay over till May.

Last edited:
Superb shots Karen, the second one is my preference. Apart from being full of detail they convey bags of atmosphere too, very nice :)

both belting shots, I quite like the first pose, its a bit different from the norm (y)

My he looks grumpy:D

How did you get the shots - did you wait outside because whenever the Fieldfares have been anywhere near my garden, the moment I open a (sliding patio) door or a window they disappear and don't come back for hours?

My he looks grumpy:D

How did you get the shots - did you wait outside because whenever the Fieldfares have been anywhere near my garden, the moment I open a (sliding patio) door or a window they disappear and don't come back for hours?

I open my patio a little and sat inside with the lens leaning on my beanie on the table just poking out and just sat there quiet,he just stays around and keeps bulling the other birds away he then might perch on my logs looking about but I have sat for a few hours to get these shots you have to have patience,they will return if there is food

I open my patio a little and sat inside with the lens leaning on my beanie on the table just poking out and just sat there quiet,he just stays around and keeps bulling the other birds away he then might perch on my logs looking about but I have sat for a few hours to get these shots you have to have patience,they will return if there is food

Mmmm patience!! Where can I get some of that from:)

Thanks for the reply

The second one is Superb really like that the first is good
Regards
Richard

Very nice set Karen - both work for me.

couple of more stunners (y)
would you mind telling what lens you use

Great shots Kaz.... now for some nice bright days Eh!!! we hope lol

Great Shots Karen - The 500mm is a nice lens!! :cool:

Back