Fieldfare

Name
Karen
Edit My Images
No
One I didn t get round to processing,taken earlier this year when this fieldfare spent a fair bit of time in my garden.I had great fun watching him guarding the apples, the background is a plant that has purple coloured leaves in winter and climbs up a dark painted trellis and shed, having a long garden gave me this, and with snow on the ground gave me these cool tones, hope I get a return visit.

fieldfare4x2.jpg

cool tones indeed i like this karen what a stunning photo the ones i found i could,nt get near them at all well done karen
regards ian

hmm just spotted something karen is this the same branch that your posing robin sits on love :cool:
regards ian

hmm just spotted something karen is this the same branch that your posing robin sits on love :cool:
regards ian

It sure is Ian it is a big piece of wood(its wet in this image so different colour) it was part of a tree and various birds have posed on it for me and the robin was one of them, its a huge chunk with various parts sticking out and it was a favourite look out where the fieldfare would sit and keep watch over the apples

Last edited:
Very fine shot, Karen. Uncluttered background sure helps focus attention on the bird.

Fieldfares have been here, stripped the berries and moved on.

It sure is Ian it is a big piece of wood(its wet in this image so different colour) it was part of a tree and various birds have posed on it for me and the robin was one of them, its a huge chunk with various parts sticking out and it was a favourite look out where the fieldfare would sit and keep watch over the apples

:thinking: thats just given me a right idea thank you the woods here i come for log with branches for new bird feeding station(y)
cheers karen
regards ian

Lovely picture, for a moment i wondered if they had turned up already for this winter, thought it wasn't quite time yet ;).

A lovely pose and capture Kaz but just looking a bit to sharp for my liking ;)

Lovely and clear and nice backround tones Kaz,
These birds are starting to arrive locally now and was watching a large group a couple of weeks ago though couldnt get that close to them.
John

Last edited:
Cracking image, Karen. Lovely background as well.

Last edited:
Beautiful tones, and great shot. I have two holly trees loaded with berries in the garden and plenty of apples. We get plenty of attention each autumn and you have inspired me to put some time in to getting some shots of them and leave the fish alone.

thanks Bill

Back