Fields of gold

Name
Steve
Edit My Images
Yes
Simple panning blur shot from the back of our house. But I quite liked it. Comments welcome of course.

6983681182_01ae476ca9_b.jpg

Last edited:
Wow! I really like this Steve, simple but very effective (y)

looks like you have a nice view.

Graham

Wow! I really like this Steve, simple but very effective (y)

looks like you have a nice view.

Graham

Thanks Graham. I love where we live. The view is great..... but only when it's blurred :LOL:

nice job. That's similar (but better) than that 'most expensive photo in the world'. Get it sold!! :eek:

nice job. That's similar (but better) than that 'most expensive photo in the world'. Get it sold!! :eek:

Just looked up what you are referring to.... :eek:

Point me at the millions please :LOL:

Thank you Dave. Appreciated.

Excellent abstract.

Thanks for the comments.

I like it, it seems a bit blurred though perhaps it backfocused.

?? It was manually focused and then motion blurred to get the effect.

Edit:
Just realised I might have been having a sense of humour breakdown!

Last edited:
very nice, is it just me or does anyone else get a hypnotic feel when staring at it for a while??

Thanks guys.

very nice, is it just me or does anyone else get a hypnotic feel when staring at it for a while??

Just think what it would be like 40" wide on he wall :LOL:

Thank you. I must say, I'm blown away by the positive feedback on this one! I took a more conventional version of the scene and, because it was very windy, the crop was moving as you can see. That gave me the idea of blurring the whole image. It took several attempts to get a sharp'ish' horizon.

Here's the conventional image:
7129616409_8252feccda_b.jpg

Very effective Steve, like this a lot. I'm not really into panned shots, but this is excellent (y)

its different yet effective... you seem to know what it is, despite it looking like a yellow splodge beneath a blue splodge....

Don't take this the wrong way as is meant with good intent... but it's the "sort of s***" you see on many corporate office reception walls....

Very effective Steve, like this a lot. I'm not really into panned shots, but this is excellent (y)

Very nice Steve, it's simple but very effective (y) that said I also really like your conventional one also equally for it's simplicity (y)

Thanks guys :)

its different yet effective... you seem to know what it is, despite it looking like a yellow splodge beneath a blue splodge....

Don't take this the wrong way as is meant with good intent... but it's the "sort of s***" you see on many corporate office reception walls....

Thanks Lynton..... I think :thinking: :LOL: Like I said, show me the millions!

I've done as suggested and ordered a 36" canvas.... hope I Like it....... otherwise maybe I can sell it to an office reception somewhere :LOL:

Last edited:
Somehow I missed this post, I'm glad I've seen it now. Excelent shot, would love to see a shot of the shot on the wall... If you no what I mean, I think it will look awesome!

Somehow I missed this post, I'm glad I've seen it now. Excelent shot, would love to see a shot of the shot on the wall... If you no what I mean, I think it will look awesome!

Ta muchly! We'll see what it looks like in my little lounge.... might move it to the bedroom where there's more wall space.

what IS the chimney thing in the conventional image..... trying to work it out, as I know roughly where you are (about 6 miles from me in L Stratton) , and cannot think of anything like that.. around there...

what IS the chimney thing in the conventional image..... trying to work it out, as I know roughly where you are (about 6 miles from me in L Stratton) , and cannot think of anything like that.. around there...

My guess would be a telegraph pole :cautious:

Don't mind Lynton...... it's old age creeping in ;)

pah.. it's not my fault you can't get it sharp enough to recognise.... bloody Nikons....

pah.. it's not my fault you can't get it sharp enough to recognise.... bloody Nikons....

Right, that's it.... handbags at dawn :LOL:

Just what I was thinking!

Print it and I'll pay you 2.3 million ;)

hmmm. offer of a contract. Accept it immediately. Actually I'll accept it on your behalf.. for 1%.

Back