Filehub Solution

Name
Danny
Edit My Images
No
Hey all,

I’m trying to find a solution for backing up SD cards to an external hard drive without the use of a Mac/PC.

Mainly for when I have weddings away from home I want to back up the cards to an external hard drive and use that drive on my iPad Pro for editing.

I’ve tried the RavPower Filehub but from what I can tell, it’s crap, and will be going back to Amazon.

Anyone have a solution that could work?

Cheers.

Hmmm, I might have the answer for you shortly, I'm sorting out my hard drive back up/ too many hard drives situation and I have a WD 2TB wireless hard drive that will be for sale. It has an SD slot and internal power source, also has USB3 so might suit your needs?

Hmmm, I might have the answer for you shortly, I'm sorting out my hard drive back up/ too many hard drives situation and I have a WD 2TB wireless hard drive that will be for sale. It has an SD slot and internal power source, also has USB3 so might suit your needs?

Could be the ticket.

Forgive my thickness.....would I be able to insert the SD card to the hard drive and back it up and then connect the drive to iPad Pro (USB-C) for editing in Lightroom?

EDIT:
I said yes you can load the SD card direct to the hard drive but it is USB3 only no (USB-c) but you could connect via wireless. I have used it in the past when away from home to back up cards and often pre loaded the hard drive with a couple of films to watch.

Last edited:
EDIT:
I said yes you can load the SD card direct to the hard drive but it is USB3 only no (USB-c) but you could connect via wireless. I have used it in the past when away from home to back up cards and often pre loaded the hard drive with a couple of films to watch.

This might well be just what I’m after!

Again sorry to be so dense and last question, but would a USB3 to USB-c cable (https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00UUBQ710/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_awdb_btf_t1_lr9xFb0RFG25Z)do the job to connect it to the iPad Pro? Or could I even import the raw files wirelessly to Lightroom at a push?

Yes that cable would do but you can also transfer via wireless.

Back