Filey

Edit My Images
Yes
Another pic from the east coast of Yorkshire...(too dark?)

fileysky.jpg

One of those "impossible" shots! So difficult to achieve a sensible exposure without a lot of hard work and thought. Nothing there to grab my attention, sorry just my opinion. ;)

Yeah I think you're probably right. The day I went to Filey it turned really dark and overcast. This was the best of a bad bunch lol.

Thanks for being honest and please don't apologise. I'm learning, and without knowing where I'm going wrong I'll never improve :)

:hissyfit:

Thanks KenCo, that'll come in handy :)

I think that's the trouble with landscapes. You have to work out what made you say 'wow, I'll take a photo of that!' before you get the camera out.

You'll probably find you looked about, thought 'that's a dramatic sky', looked left and right, thought 'wow that's dead wide', looked at your feet and thought 'hey, those pebbles are interesting!' and then pointed the camera to try and take it all in. You need to think about what you are trying to capture and what makes it interesting to look at.

:)

Indeed. Having only had my new camera for a week or so I'm snapping ANYTHING! I've got my thinking cap on now though and I'm determined to bounce back with a stunner! :)

could u maybe try a shadow/highlight thingy in ps on this, it might darken the sky a bit (lol sorry for the non technical words there )

ignore that, i just tried and it didnt look good, i did increase the contrast and decrease the brightness a bit and it made the sky more dominant,

Back