Film camera sales section?

Name
Garry
Edit My Images
Yes
Is there any chance of having a separate sales section for film cameras? At the moment film gear is swamped by all the digital stuff, it's a bit of a pain to look through to be honest. If I see another Fuji X100 for sale I'm going to scream!

Anyway, just an idea :)

Is there any chance of having a separate sales section for film cameras? At the moment film gear is swamped by all the digital stuff, it's a bit of a pain to look through to be honest. If I see another Fuji X100 for sale I'm going to scream!

I don't think there is enough film sales to warrant it - it would be a very quiet forum!

See, I think that'd be a good idea personally. While I agree, film related sales traffic through that section is hardly mind boggling, it would be handy to have a separate section. Perhaps even a dedicated sub-section within the main section? Anything to separate the film and digital in that section would be good imho.

Excellent idea! :clap:

See, I think that'd be a good idea personally. While I agree, film related sales traffic through that section is hardly mind boggling, it would be handy to have a separate section. Perhaps even a dedicated sub-section within the main section? Anything to separate the film and digital in that section would be good imho.

:agree:

garry71 said:

Yeah, I'd like to see a separate film section myself.

i'd like to see the whole classifieds section closed - it's a bleeding nuisance!

Bloody hell, there are 8 X100 for sale just on the first page as well as an X-pro1 or whatever its called.

I would also like a purely film section in the classifieds but I don't think it'll happen.:crying:

I'm sick of seeing the X100s as well - but that's only because Fuji announced the new line of X compacts. It will die down... well priced popular film stuff continues to sell, I don't think there is particular detriment on that front?

Another vote for a film sales section!

Oh and I'm keeping my Fujis! :)

Maybe it could be moved in with Freebies, F&C is a smaller market but there's no way it'll be as slow as Freebies.

*winds clock forward 6 months*

Can Freebies have its own section, its getting swamped with Film junk...lol

just had a quick look, and I'll admit it's not much more than a cursory glance/snapshot but...

8 from 40 posts on the first page are film or related kit - allowing for stickies. call it 1/4 of 'em. Fuji and Pana kit has a similar presence.

The first page covers sales that have had a posting made in the last 6days 6hours 23minutes. This of course is for all the postings, not just film kit. To get 38 postings (a full page as I'm comparing) worth of o/s film f/s posts, we're talking about going back to 14th July 2012.

Compare this to Canon with a "throughput" of 22h46m or nikon with 3d5h30m.

To be honest, while I appreciate it may well be a bit of a pain wading through adverts for digital kit, I don't really think there's enough volume to merit splitting film kit out...

A film section would be good. There is demand for it. I think that would increase when people realise their film sale threads won't disappear in the space of a day or two.

just had a quick look, and I'll admit it's not much more than a cursory glance/snapshot but...

8 from 40 posts on the first page are film or related kit - allowing for stickies. call it 1/4 of 'em. Fuji and Pana kit has a similar presence.

The first page covers sales that have had a posting made in the last 6days 6hours 23minutes. This of course is for all the postings, not just film kit. To get 38 postings (a full page as I'm comparing) worth of o/s film f/s posts, we're talking about going back to 14th July 2012.

Compare this to Canon with a "throughput" of 22h46m or nikon with 3d5h30m.

To be honest, while I appreciate it may well be a bit of a pain wading through adverts for digital kit, I don't really think there's enough volume to merit splitting film kit out...

:(

plus - the moment we split film out, there'd be the howls of outrage from Fuji'ites and Panasonicists, not to mention Walkman enthusiasts...

Mark's probably right but could we make film stuff stand out a bit by prefacing them with

FILM or ANALOGUE

Or something like that? Hard to enforce I guess.

Mark's probably right but could we make film stuff stand out a bit by prefacing them with

FILM or ANALOGUE

Probably not that hard... We have the NSFW tag already? So there is definitely provision in the code for it if necessary.

FILM or ANALOGUE

Flagged for discussion in the staff room. (y)

Another forum I'm a member off uses tags for everything. They have FS, Wanted and Donation all in the same subforum.

+1 for decent tags.

Yes but in this forum as I don't wont to give stuff away to some digital guy that I don't know.

Then don't give it away to them? Just say preference to someone who shoots film - in the same way you can sell to whoever you want in the Classifieds, surely you can give away to whoever you want?

I'm thinking of doing this at some point in the freebies, stipulating film shooters.

+2 for tags, it's a good idea, it would make the f&c stuff stand out.

As far as the freebies thing goes, if I was giving stuff away I'd just want it to go to someone who'd appreciate and use it, whether they are old school film shooters or an enthusiastic young divi shooter who wanted to try film. Like fc2 says, you can give it to whoever you want, not the first one to post.

As far as the freebies thing goes, if I was giving stuff away I'd just want it to go to someone who'd appreciate and use it, whether they are old school film shooters or an enthusiastic young divi shooter who wanted to try film. Like fc2 says, you can give it to whoever you want, not the first one to post.

I'd rather either wait for a thread to come up and make an offer or give it to a charity shop........but I'm have a small clear out and finally took revenge on my OM10 (what a carp camera) that let me down once at an important moment and dismantled it for screws. :cool:
Don't say someone here would actually have wanted a OM10 body if I had offered it :LOL:

finally took revenge on my OM10 (what a carp camera) that let me down once at an important moment and dismantled it for screws. :cool:
Don't say someone here would actually have wanted a OM10 body if I had offered it :LOL:

What is so carp about the OM ??

I reckon someone would have been glad of the body tbh.....I would have been if It wasn't for already owning one!

Please don't tell me it was in working order before you dismantled it......

What is so carp about the OM ??

I reckon someone would have been glad of the body tbh.....I would have been if It wasn't for already owning one!

Please don't tell me it was in working order before you dismantled it......

Well I offered a far superior camera Yashica FR1 and no one wanted it, anyway the OM worked perfectly with the asa adjusted as it was a stop out on the meter. If anyone want bits (e.g. winder, bottom plate etc) I'll keep the bits for a week. :shrug:

How is anyone supposed to see my lovely Bronica stuff for sale when it's drowning in all that digital crap? No wonder it's not selling;)

i'd like to see the whole classifieds section closed - it's a bleeding nuisance!

I hear your pain!

On a more positive note, maybe a film friendly mod could be persuaded to sticky a thread in here for people to use to point at specific filmy sales threads? As long as all actual trading stayed there, I think that's within the rules.

On a more positive note, maybe a film friendly mod could be persuaded to sticky a thread in here for people to use to point at specific filmy sales threads? As long as all actual trading stayed there, I think that's within the rules.

A nice compromise, I like it.

TBY... What's wrong with the classifieds? While I realise I'm not a moderator, I don't personally see the issue with the classifieds section? :shrug:

TBY... What's wrong with the classifieds? While I realise I'm not a moderator, I don't personally see the issue with the classifieds section? :shrug:

Let's just put it this way - I'd hazard a guess at 70% of all the RTM's that come into the staff room are from there, and pretty much every last one is simply due to people being unable/unwilling/too stupid to read the damned rules!

I never realised it was a problem myself until I ended up on the green team - primarily because I didn't really use the classifieds... now it seems I'm never out of there - either sweeping up :dummy: or handing out red cards. :shrug:

Back