Film Candid

Edit My Images
Yes
These were taken on my Nikon FM film camera and scanned using a cheap home scanner.

I am not a huge fan of 'posed' photography but I am trying to find a way to turn this hobby of mine into a money making venture, so any critiques of my portraits are much welcome.

These are from a shoot for a photography class I took quite some time back. We were supposed to be shooting a model using natural lighting, but I quickly became bored and couldn't resist a few candids.

#1 The subject we were supposed to be shooting.

3024354964_4235db05a5.jpg

#2 A fellow classmate fiddles with her camera. She had no idea I was shooting her. ;)

3024354910_15f1872930.jpg

#3 While everyone was shooting away at the model, the instructor's son snuck off to work on an art project. He had no idea I was shooting him until I brought the print to class. :LOL:

3023525423_1e0626a881.jpg

these are very good, the only crit i have is there just isnt enough light on the guys face in No1.. i think if you could have reflected a little there it would help, but as is, they are very good.. There may be a niggle from some on the compsition of 1 and 2 but they work for me..

Well done..

these are very good, the only crit i have is there just isnt enough light on the guys face in No1.. i think if you could have reflected a little there it would help, but as is, they are very good.. There may be a niggle from some on the compsition of 1 and 2 but they work for me..

Well done..

I agree with you on the first. Unfortunately I wasn't given a choice in lighting, as it was an instructor set-up shoot. . .which is what led me to snapping the other two. :LOL:

I think the first face is too dark. I guess the trick is, if you know it has a flaw, it takes a skill to bin it. I am struggling with this too to be honest, I am trying to increase my keepers, but at the same time, I am trying to better my "quality control" and therefore, I am being more ruthless with my shots. The only reason I mention this, is you clearly knew their was a problem with lighting based on your reply above.

I think the first face is too dark. I guess the trick is, if you know it has a flaw, it takes a skill to bin it. I am struggling with this too to be honest, I am trying to increase my keepers, but at the same time, I am trying to better my "quality control" and therefore, I am being more ruthless with my shots. The only reason I mention this, is you clearly knew their was a problem with lighting based on your reply above.

Point well made. ;)

Back