Film for product photography.

Edit My Images
No
Hi Experts,

I need to take some photographs of ...edited... support for a company ...edited... . I love film and don't really like digital so I've bought a Nikon F3 and various quality prime lenses, what film would be best. I was thinking about Fuji Velvia. Then getting a pro spec film scanner to scan it into my computer.

Would the colours be a little over the top?

If so could anyone provide me with some suggestions of which film to use please.

Kindest regards and thanks for your time.

Richard Georgiou
...edited...

Hi, Richard, What form do Lastrap want you to submit your work in to them ?
As far as films are concerned I use a lot of Velvia, but for a job like this I'd use Fuji Provia because it has a more natural colour balance than velvia, and isn't so highly colour saturated. I think all the range of Fuji films these days are optimized for scanning.

Provia 100F or Kodak E100G would be my choice depending on whether you favour Kodak or Fuji - They are both good films with natural looking colours.

I'd use Fuji Provia personally and then scan them in. I'm a bit surpriced your using 35mm film for top quality product photography? if its in studio? If you get a chance to try and get a MF or even better large format equipment if you know how to use them it will make life and the pictures alot better, 5x4 properly exsposed colour transperencys are the dogs balls!! :)

If the colours are over the top (and IMO they would be for product photos), once scanned, they can be reduced in saturation.

Unless the client wants negs/slides, I would abandon your love for film and shoot digitally.

ETA... Given the type of product and the tones associated with it, I would suggest K**** P***** which should give more natural tones.

I never replied to this thread because, I thought it was all about spam type pimping:LOL:

64T.....use tungsten lighting....obviously.

Back