film of the birds at -18c

Edit My Images
Yes
I've just finished making my little film of the cold spell here in the it was -18c by me the other day ! yikes.
Anyway as ever the e-520 worked a treat really, and the camcorder worked ok but.. I got absolutely frozen..! The birds were going crazy on the feeder, its a good reminder of how much they need our help at this time of year. At the end of the day I got lucky and got some film of the local barn owl as well. Great fun.
Now heres the unbelievable bit...I was in the cold for hours and when I went indoors to warm up and have some lunch, I was gazing out the window and the barn owl flew past the window and caught a vole in the snow right in front of me! I had been with the camera outside ALL MORNING and the minute I was sat down with a steamed up camera and a mouthfull of pie:D that happens:eek:
great to see but talk about the one that got away...
stay warm everyone and keep feeding our friends;)

al

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XisShWRtF8Y

Great work Alex (y) Something totaly different to look at. Great to see that Barn Owl at the end as well :clap::clap: Shall keep my eye`s open for you on the National Geographic channel ;)

I like that, nicely done Alex :clap: ... have to say though, that Kate Humble is looking a bit worse for wear these days :D

That is a fantastic video that says get out there with your equipment, Very well done.

Hi Alex really enjoyed viewing your video thanks for taking time to capture the footage and pictures.
Regards
Paul.

Great work Alex, a pleasure to see even though the conditions were so cold for you. Thank you for sharing this (y)

Thanks for that Alex, a pleasure to watch. Especially from a very warm and cosy, centrally heated office, your -18 makes it feel even warmer.

Back