Film Overlapping

Edit My Images
No
I'm usually quite savvy when it comes to debugging any problems with my ETRS. But for some reason, I've noticed it's overlapped!?

This is the first time I've used the Speedgrip with it, although I'm not sure how that could be at fault, as it's only advancing the film the same way the winder would.

3151096579_f13e41c2f2.jpg

Any ideas?

Looks like more than just overlapping, the black frames are white-out over exposure, like the shutter is open during a wind on, and its winding too far.
ETR's have seperate backs don't they ?, I'd try another back, although it all points to the winder if everything was ok without it.

Looks like more than just overlapping, the black frames are white-out over exposure, like the shutter is open during a wind on, and its winding too far.
ETR's have seperate backs don't they ?, I'd try another back, although it all points to the winder if everything was ok without it.

Shutter isn't open during wind-on. Otherwise they'd be completely black, they're not. They have a lot of detail left. It's as if they're double exposed? Although I remember shooting exactly the right amount of frames. I have a feeling they're just underexposed somewhat. I experimented with bracketing a few, etc.

This hasn't shot a roll of film in almost 8 months, so it could be a numerous amount of things. The speedgrip winder does the same job as the normal winder, just turns the cog, so I can't see how that'd be the problem. I'll try a roll without though.

Also, your frames are not filling up the film on the right - looks about 1cm of exposure missing...

Ok, they look black on screen apart from the top bit of the correctly exposed frames.
Double exposure looks likely then, I dunno how that is set on an ETRS.
Why would it double expose on alternate frames, and if you count 16, its 16 frames shot...:thinking:
Is there any extra space at either end of the film or is it full ?

Ok, they look black on screen apart from the top bit of the correctly exposed frames.
Double exposure looks likely then, I dunno how that is set on an ETRS.
Why would it double expose on alternate frames, and if you count 16, its 16 frames shot...:thinking:
Is there any extra space at either end of the film or is it full ?

Full!

I had it set on Multi-exposure at first, and realised when the film counter wasn't budging, so promptly altered that, and it ran on just fine??? Took the frames no longer than 4 hours ago, so I remember it was definitely the right amount of clicks too.

Gonna have to shove another roll through, see if it happens again, and if so, start breaking down what it might be. :(

Check the bracketing setting as well, something might have gone wotsit with that, giving those exposure variations..

Turns out the dark shots are because the battery was dying and it was reverting to shooting at 1/500th

I also had a cock-up with the multi-exposure lever!

Jobs a good 'un!

Turns out the dark shots are because the battery was dying and it was reverting to shooting at 1/500th

I also had a cock-up with the multi-exposure lever!

Jobs a good 'un!

:clap: I did the same on receiving my SQ-A (y)

Back