• RaglanSurf

Votes: 9 37.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Name
Carl
Edit My Images
Yes
The theme for June is Forgotten Objects. Creative interpretation of themes is welcome and encouraged :)

Entries to be posted in this thread by 23.59 on Friday 30th June. After that a poll will go up for seven days to vote for the winners.

This thread is for entries only, please keep everything else in the discussion thread here

R9-06527-0022 by Chris R, on Flickr

I'm getting in first this month, as I'm not sure of any of the other options, and I know a bunch of folk went past this after I did! Wetsuit abandoned by the path beyond Bedruthan Steps. How could you forget a bright red wetsuit? I don't know, but it was weighted down with a rock on the top of the wall...

Pentax LX, Pentax-M 35-70, my first ever roll of Fujufilm Pro 400.

Nest 2017-5 by Charlotte Davis, on Flickr
A shotgun casing, left in the grass at the festival I went to recently. There were loads of these, by the entrance to the woods - I didn't see any deer about, though. Taken on my trusty Olympus XA4, on Fuji Superia 400. I love the vignetting this camera produces, and the bright, sharp qualities of Superia. Cheap, but possibly one of my favourite colour films.

Our garden is littered with these poor guys. When Spud was small he would 'play' with them by driving nails through them, melting them using a magnifying glass or just clumping them with a hammer. Sid. Years later they regularly turn up, half buried, wounded, but still around. They own the garden...

Olympus OM4Ti, Zuiko 50mm f/1.4 FP4+@400 devd in DDX

forgotten_objects
by Alastair Lampard, on Flickr

Forgotten Objects. Canon A1, Canon 50mm f1.4, Kodak Ektar 100, using natural light.

Forgotten Objects by J White, on Flickr

Objects in the photo:

A First World War trench map of Montauban (one of the first battles of the Somme) dated 2nd June 1916; A forgotten object rescued from a tea chest full of junk found dumped on a building site around 1975.

A mystery object (thought to be a tinderbox with built-in burning lens) found in an antique shop in the late 1970s. An object so forgotten its original purpose eluded me for years.

A Victorian inkwell; found embedded in the bank of the River Clwyd in North Wales in 1976, another rescued forgotten object.

An Ensign Midget miniature folding camera; once a desirable, high-tech, handbag accessory, now just a forgotten object.

A Watkins Bee Meter; once essential kit for the keen amateur photographer, now just a forgotten object.

A gentleman’s pocket watch; once an everyday timepiece, now just a forgotten object.

An old pound note; from the days when £1 folded but bought a lot more, now just a forgotten object.

A box of rhubarb pills… it was empty when I found it in an antiques shop may years ago, but I imagine the contents (and their medicinal effect) were probably best forgotten!

Last edited:
We've just moved into a new house with a smallish workshop at the back (a glorified shed), and after we moved in I began sweeping all the rubbish out and generally tidying it up. I put the broom under one of the cupboards and pulled out this stuffed cat toy that had been tied up with some string. I did panic for a split second before I realised it was just a toy that had been left behind, but it still creeps me out now!

Nagaoka 4x5 with 90mm Super Angulon. FP4+ developed in HC110(B).

Left Behind
by Carl Hall, on Flickr

Congratulations Nick and the rest of the points scorers. Lots of good pictures again this month

Back