Film Photographer of the Year 2018 - The Results

Name
Carl
Edit My Images
Yes
As the voting comes to a close for the year, it’s time for the results. The winners for Film Photographer of the Year 2018 are…

First place: @RaglanSurf with 99 points

Second place: @sirch with 93 points

Third place: @Mrs Snap with 91 points

A lot of hard work has produced some fantastic images over the year, and I think I speak for everyone when I say these wins were well deserved. Congratulations (y)

Some Facts and figures for the year:
  • In total there were 25 participants entering 161 photographs.
  • 911 votes were cast.
  • 4 participants came 1st more than one month.
  • There were 8 months when the top two spots were one point or less apart in votes.
  • Every person who entered three or more months finished with a score.
  • 8 participants entered every month (highlighted blue on the results list)
  • The most popular month for entries was September with 18.
  • The most votes for one single entry was 20.
  • There were 3 participants that finished in the top 3 for 3 months in a row
  • RaglanSurf received 99 points and also received 99 votes over the year.

Congratulations @RaglanSurf for winning FPOTY again. Imagine how much further ahead you'd have been if you'd entered every month! ;):LOL: I think everyone is going to have to step up next year to try and challenge you and @Fraser Euan White (77 points from only 8 months is brilliant scoring!)

Very pleased with my third place. As a relative newcomer to photography in general, having only been dragged into this film lark by @Andysnap a couple of years ago, I was very shocked to find myself leading for a while! At the start of the year, I said I wanted to beat Mr Snap.... (y):D;)

Well done Nick and thanks to Carl for running it and to everyone for making it a great challenge. I'm chuffed and very surprised to have come second in my first year :banana:

BTW I hear that @RaglanSurf is buying the beers a week on Saturday to celebrate his win :)

Nice to see a spread of winners across the months too. Well done Nick & everyone who entered. Quality was high indeed!

Congratulations Nick @RaglanSurf on a very well deserved win. And @sirch, @Mrs Snap and @FishyFish for being not too far behind. The dark horse appears to be @Fraser Euan White whose monthly points average is slightly higher than Nick's, if my arithmetic is still reasonably correct!

And also yes, thanks indeed to @Carl Hall for organising the FPOTY for the past two years. It's a hard act for @Mrs Snap to follow, though I've no doubt she will organise our socks off!

Thanks for the positive vibes folks, much appreciated. Congratulations to everyone who took part this year and a big thank you to @Carl Hall for all the hard work organising the FPOTY for the last two years :clap:

BTW I hear that @RaglanSurf is buying the beers a week on Saturday to celebrate his win :)

It may be more than just a rumour but if you're not in the London on the 19th you may never know :D

Thanks for the positive vibes folks, much appreciated. Congratulations to everyone who took part this year and a big thank you to @Carl Hall for all the hard work organising the FPOTY for the last two years :clap:

Your profile pic will have to change to fpoty winner (y)

Last edited:
Well done all involved , I enjoyed viewing the images all year :cool::film:

The new forum format has confused things a little @TheBigYin can this be sorted and updated please :D
Perhaps all those victory dates won't fit in that little box? ;)

PS I appreciate that flattering comment would have got me an extra free pint but I can't attend the London meet, so you'll have to settle up next time we see each other! (y)

Last edited:
The new forum format has confused things a little @TheBigYin can this be sorted and updated please :D

Nick, I'm pretty sure it's on the list of stuff to do after Marcel's had a lie down and a rub over with a linseed oil soaked cloth to recover after the big changeover - but there's still a whole load of stuff to do, and the custom coloured nametags might not quite be top of the list at the moment...

Im not <span class=poty>FPOTY'17</span> :(:film:

thanks to Carl for running it and to everyone for making it a great challenge
And also yes, thanks indeed to @Carl Hall for organising the FPOTY for the past two years.
Thanks @Carl Hall for organising this. Much appreciated.
A big round of applause for Carl for organising the whole thing too. :clap:
big thank you to @Carl Hall for all the hard work organising the FPOTY for the last two years :clap:

You're all very welcome! Thank you to everyone who took the time to get involved and enter- When I started it in 2017 I wasn't sure how well FPOTY would go, or even if it would last the full year. We're now entering our third year and we seem to have worked most of the kinks out. Good luck to @Mrs Snap taking the competition into the future (y)

Sorry I've not had chance to fix this yet! It definitely is on my list of things to do! :)

Back