Filmapocalypse

Only thing that differs as far as I'm concerned is that I found it more difficult to get the 120 film into the spiral than the 35mm. After the first couple of rolls, i'd worked out a technique that works for me, and now it's easy with either film.

The best way to learn is with an old fogged spool of film. Do it with your eyes open a dozen times, another bunch with your eyes closed and again sitting and standing.
It helps if your spiral is completely dry and the ball beaings smooth and rust free. 120 is slightly more flexible because of the greater film area.

aggressive ?

shoot Tintypes, you gets to play with.........Cyanide.....:D

I've posted it before but its great vid, its a slow loader but worth it, tintypes are fablious..

click The Process

Walsh, before you burn holes in yourself in pursuit of something a bit different, I'm putting some garden photographs together that are completely unmanipulated. I took them fifteen years ago or so and they've only just come to light. I'll update them when I have a minute.
Don't ask me about cameras or lenses 'cos I've forgotten but they are straight 35mm transparencies on Sensia. Unfortunately my all-purpose scanner doesn't do the colours or the saturation any favours but you'll get the idea of what can be done in camera. Just experiment and have fun.

edit: Strange, my blog link has been removed. Is it board policy? Nothing saucy, just flowers.

edit: Strange, my blog link has been removed. Is it board policy? Nothing saucy, just flowers.

http://othergarden-colin.blogspot.com/2010_04_01_archive.html

No idea why it's not there unless you hit the "no html" option in your CP.

Nice pics, a bit odd but interesting all the same. Would be nice to see some treated the same but a bit wider 'cos they're all a bit colse up for me. Also might be nice to have a wee sentence on what you have done to them?

Ah, the link has reappeared. It seems to be there sometimes but not all on my screen - the mysteries of the web.
It's a long time ago Ambermile and most of my photography is photojournalist in style but I remember working with open apertures and movement and just trying things out. They're 'straight', there's no colour manipulation or messing with processes and looking at the slides they're on Sensia 100, developed by Fuji. In fact the reproduction has left out a lot of the colour nuance (see scanner thread) and saturation but they give you the idea. I do remember wanting to work within a standard distance and not close then far to build up a kind of overall mood and trying different lighting conditions that came into the garden, sunset, thundery, dawn, etc. Also working with flare and shake rather than fighting it.

I put it together after Walsh's enquiry about process as an idea of what you can do through the lens alone, which is always a good starting point, even if you try other things after.

Back