Filter Pouches for my Lee 100x150 filters - 2 specific questions

Name
Ross
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi,

I have seven different Lee 100 x 150 filters, a Hitech Reverse Grad Filter of similar size, a Heliopan Polariser and obviously the Lee Filter holder/foundation kit and adaptor rings.

I am trying to choose between the Lee Field Pouch for 100 and the Lowepro Street and Field Filter Pouch 100:

https://www.parkcameras.com/p/L333924S/filter-accessories/lee/lee-field-pouch-sand-holds-10-for-100

https://www.parkcameras.com/p/93607...wepro/street-and-field-filter-pouch-100-black

I know there are several threads on here regarding filter pouches but I have two specific questions regarding these two pouches:

1. Are they big enough to hold the actual Lee filter holder/foundation kit?
2. Are they waterproof?

Thanks in advance for any help,

Ross

I have the Lee field pouch. In all honesty it's not worth the £40 price tag. It's not very well made and poor quality materials in my opinion.

It will not hold the filter holder and the polariser will only fit in the very back pocket. So beware if you try and pop the metal popper on the belt loop as it's quite hard to pop back in and presses against your £200 polariser.

Look elsewhere, although I've not seen anything else that would hold all the filters and holder.

Take a look at Terrascape filter bags. I have one with 5 grad filters in it, a big stopper in its tin and a 105mm polarizer. The filter holder with 105 polarizer ring permanently attached just about fits in the front pocket with 2 holder rings. Im not that keen on the Velcro that holds the top closed though it hasn't let me down so far.

I have the Lee 10 filter holder and whilst the 100 x 150 grads are fine the polariser (B+W) is a tight fit and I don't carry the filter holder in it.I can just about do up the zip. The material is soft in terms of filter protection but I doubt its waterproof. Haven't found anything better as yet,

Peter

I've got a spare 10 filter holder. The cpl firs in just. Never tried the holder but carry that in a separate pouch with rings etc.
Changing systems so this is spare and looking for a new home. Hint....

Hi guys, just wanted to say thanks for all your advice, particularly those who managed to dissuade me from splashing out on the Lee pouch. The reviews I've read on the Lowpro one suggest that the filter holder/foundation kit will fit in there so I'm giving that a go. Awaiting delivery now.

I have the lee one. I was a bit disappointed it doesn't really take the holder but apart from that I like it

Back