Filter system help...

Edit My Images
Yes
Looking to get a some filters for landscape shots with my tokina 11-16. After some reading I’m pretty lost, any recommendations please? Likely wanting to use single filters only.

I figured, hence my edited post (sorry).

I think most are decent these days and I'd choose on the holder as much as the filters. I do like my Firecrest holder and NDs, but sure the Nisi and KASE get good write ups too.
Grads or occasionally polarizer

I figured, hence my edited post (sorry).

I think most are decent these days and I'd choose on the holder as much as the filters. I do like my Firecrest holder and NDs, but sure the Nisi and KASE get good write ups too.

Thanks Ian. Will take a look, it sounds like a 100mm system will be best.

Should be with any. There's a lot of holders or there, most with a gripe or two about them tbh.

Most 100mm filters should fit each though.
The Hitech holder has some poor reviews- are the 100mm filters useable in other brand holders?

Another user of Hitech here.

Can't fault the 'P' holders that are 84mm square iirc ......I've used them with lenses that have diameter filter threads between 49mm and 82mm without problems.

Other makes may be of better quality ( i dunno as never tried them) but the hitech system is decent imo at a sensible price.

I have a Cokin Zpro holder with the Cokin grad filter set and the Cokin landscape filter set and I really like it. The Zpro is more expensive than some of the other Cokin filter systems but it's the one I had to get due to having a crop sensored camera

Personally, I prefer screw in ND filters on the odd occasion I use them.

I have a Hi-Tech 85mm system with a 95mm CPL/holder etc for the front of it - 21mm widest on FF. I've also owned Lee 100mm back in my Canon 5D2 days. I've just came back from Wales for a few days & took my old Cokin P holder (shaved to accept only one filter) & one 85mm Grad because it's easier, smaller & lighter.

Back