Filters and replacement batteries on Ebay?

Name
Chris
Edit My Images
Yes
I am after a spare battery for my Nikon D3100 and wondered if any of you had tried unbranded batteries and if so are they any good?

I have also been looking at some unbranded ND filters to just experiment with before perhaps investing in some much better quality ones at a later date. Again has anyone tried these and found them fit for purpose or just rubbish?

I`m fully aware that you get what you pay for in life but don`t want to splash out on a Bentley (wishful thinking on my part) when a Kia is good enough.

I got a set of unbranded filters nd2,4 and 8 from ebay, think they were less than £10. I can't see much of a problem with them and have allowed me to try different exposures without paying out loads of money. Same with a battery grip that came with a spare battery for my 550D, less than £30 and had no problems with the life of the battery.

I would go for cheap batteries from a reputable supplier rather than e-bay. Loads of fakes on e-bay. Filters might be OK but expect colour casts (even branded NDs can suffer from these).

Hi, I'm not too sure which Nikon cameras it applies to, but I did read somewhere that some models would not work with non genuine batteries after a firmware update. It might be worth checking this out before you spend anything.

Hope this helps.

Hi, I'm not too sure which Nikon cameras it applies to, but I did read somewhere that some models would not work with non genuine batteries after a firmware update. It might be worth checking this out before you spend anything.

Hope this helps.
Thanks for the tip. My camera is one of those affected but I will check the battery has the crack before I buy.

Try 7dayshop or similar for cheap batteries. They should be half decent and service/exchange policies are up to scratch.
http://www.7dayshop.com/7dayshop-co...=L2NhdGFsb2dzZWFyY2gvcmVzdWx0Lz9xPUVOLUVMMTQ=
What are you looking to shoot/do with the filters?
Thank-you for your reply. I have a list of companies I have used before on Ebay and 7 day shop is one of them.

I want to have a go at some landscapes especially featuring running water using ND filters. I have seen a variable one on ebay that might be just the thing. Or perhaps blending is a better option! I won`t know until I try both.

I've had good experience with Maxsima branded batteries for Sony and Fuji, bought through Amazon. Worth checking the reviews carefully before buying if you go that way.

Marumi seem to be the budget recommendations for ND filters nowadays, meant to be really good.

Can't comment on filters but I'd recommend Hahnel batteries -they've always been OK as good back-up batteries for me.

I've had good experience with Maxsima branded batteries for Sony and Fuji, bought through Amazon. Worth checking the reviews carefully before buying if you go that way.
+1 for maxsima batteries, been using a couple for nearly a year now and have had no troubles (touch wood). That seem to hold even more charge compared to my genuine canon one!

I purchased a spare battery for my D3100 from the classifieds on here. It's worth checking regularly to see if someone is selling one.

Back