Finally back in the Highlands

Name
Martin
Edit My Images
No
The Wait...

I waited 14 months to get back up into the Highlands. I waited 6 hours in the car for the rain to ease last Monday. I waited 90 minutes here at this spot for the rain to stop and the light to finally come. Worth it!

The Wait... by Martin Steele, on Flickr

The Wait...

I waited 14 months to get back up into the Highlands. I waited 6 hours in the car for the rain to ease last Monday. I waited 90 minutes here at this spot for the rain to stop and the light to finally come. Worth it!

The Wait... by Martin Steele, on Flickr
Cracker. (y)

It's a really good angle, sky and bit of light.
Well it was definitely worth the wait Martin, that's a belter!
Well worth the wait!! Love it!
Looks great - well worth the wait.
Yup, worth the wait indeed.

Stonker!
As I said elsewhere, wish it was mine.
Excellent shot....
Thank you all kindly folks, your time and comments are very much appreciated.

Clearly its well liked, it certainly has all the ingredients and is well executed but for me it feels like it needs more space on the left.

A very strong image and some great light.

Clearly its well liked, it certainly has all the ingredients and is well executed but for me it feels like it needs more space on the left.

I wonder if the tight cropping increases the intensity, and the image would be more relaxed with wider framing?

Dedication certainly paid off.
Beautiful capture !
Thank you

Thanks Chris, I literally couldn't get anything more in, shot at 17mm FF, it's a tight spot to work in...there's also not a lot more to the left but another bank of heather like on the right. I have a couple of landscape orientated shots though which I still need to look at, but they're a bit tight for sky and on the waterfall itself if I recall, plus I just love portrait oriented landscapes.

Top notch work, well worth the wait, paid off well (y)
Thank you Joe

A very strong image and some great light.

I wonder if the tight cropping increases the intensity, and the image would be more relaxed with wider framing?
Thank you Toni. As per my reply to Chris, I have a couple of landscape oriented images to look at, but they were all a bit tight for sky and on the waterfall. It's a tight spot to work in, and was shot at 17mm on FF.

Thank you Toni. As per my reply to Chris, I have a couple of landscape oriented images to look at, but they were all a bit tight for sky and on the waterfall. It's a tight spot to work in, and was shot at 17mm on FF.

I cannot see how you could crop that - it's not tightly framed but it all fits with just the right amount of room.

And THAT sky :D

I cannot see how you could crop that - it's not tightly framed but it all fits with just the right amount of room.

And THAT sky :D
My thoughts too, hence why it's framed how it is....but I couldn't go more space on the left even if I wanted to, due to space/focal length/nothing but a heathery bank there :)

"Cracking" shot Martin, nothing more to be said.

Really like the light and the moody atmosphere.

Brilliant shot, such a strong composition complemented by great conditions and a splash of light. Being ridiculously picky that little patch of green/yellow bottom centre catches my eye too much but not much you could have done in teh field about it

Beautiful shot, worth the wait
"Cracking" shot Martin, nothing more to be said.
Really like the light and the moody atmosphere.
That's special
Thank you :)

Superb - I think only mad landscape photographers enjoy the waiting :)
Well I'm certainly mad Dave, so makes sense haha. Thank you :)

Superb stuff mate
Thank you :)

Brilliant shot, such a strong composition complemented by great conditions and a splash of light. Being ridiculously picky that little patch of green/yellow bottom centre catches my eye too much but not much you could have done in teh field about it
Thank you Simon...yeah that's it toned down too, maybe I should have went a bit further with it now I look again :)

Back