Finally finished Santorini

Edit My Images
Yes
At last i managed to finish my "Santorini" gallery, the place i travel to in June.
Here are some pictures, the rest can be found here...
http://www.pbase.com/dimitri_v/santorini&page=all

Oh, and the first one will be published in "Outdoor photography" magazine mid July.

2661428319_8ae23cdeed_o.jpg

2662252676_f51788bfb6_o.jpg

2660249315_9c2015b76a_o.jpg

2660252059_3375a15322_o.jpg

2658789795_36e0e550ab_o.jpg

Last edited:
Superb set but no 3 is a cracker

Tom

Excellent set, but when I clicked on your gallery link, wow, I was really taken aback, there are some amazing shots in there, every one of them is a good example of well balanced composition and colours.
You certainly have the gift that a lot of us crave for and that is "spotting the shot".
4 for me and those in the gallery are the best collection I have ever viewed and have been duly bookmarked.

Last edited:
Hi Dimitri

Lovely set of shots, We are going to Santorini in September for a week were staying at Marillia Village Apartments and Suites in Perissa, cant wait now it looks fantastic, especially after looking at all your other photos :clap: bookmarked for Julie to see when she comes home from work this morning

Last edited:
A stunning set of images with even more in the gallery you linked to, the gallery gives great examples of your use of light and colour to great effect. I particularly like 'Table for two' and think you should post it here.

:clap:

Wow, I went to Santorini last year - such a beautiful island and you've really done it justice. As some of the others have already said, your full gallery is excellent.

Also makes me realise just how much I have to learn - none of the shots I took came anywhere close to yours!

Cheers,

Kris

A stunning set of images with even more in the gallery you linked to, the gallery gives great examples of your use of light and colour to great effect. I particularly like 'Table for two' and think you should post it here.

:clap:

By request, table for 2 has now been added at the top. ;)

And here is one of my favourites.

Large

2617317700_c115619d7e.jpg

Marvelous shots! they have fairly spruced the place up since I was last there.

While all those pictures are stunning, I went straight for No 3. I really love it, the way the warm glow from the light lit up the whitewashed stonework around it, it looks like something straight out of a Star Wars film.
plus I'm a fan of night time photography. Great effort.

Hi Dimitri

Lovely set of shots, We are going to Santorini in September for a week were staying at Marillia Village Apartments and Suites in Perissa, cant wait now it looks fantastic, especially after looking at all your other photos :clap: bookmarked for Julie to see when she comes home from work this morning

Oia is the most taken care of village. If you go there during dawn, there is not a soul around to disturb you and you can take pictures of everything, even going on roof tops (as long as you keep quit) and no one will say a word, plus the light is at its best at this time of day. You can shoot for at least 2 hours in the morning, before the light gets too harsh.
The problem is that you need more than one morning to cover the whole place.:LOL::LOL::LOL:
I hardly slept for the whole week and didn`t even complete the whole island.

Thanks for the info Dimitri, will definitely be going to Oia, Julie absolutely loved your photos, we are exited to go now thanks for sharing (y)

Wow! A great set here. I picked up some photos from a shop like these when I was in Crete.

these are incredible, you should be proud

Oia is the most taken care of village. If you go there during dawn, there is not a soul around to disturb you and you can take pictures of everything, even going on roof tops (as long as you keep quit) and no one will say a word, plus the light is at its best at this time of day. You can shoot for at least 2 hours in the morning, before the light gets too harsh.
The problem is that you need more than one morning to cover the whole place.:LOL::LOL::LOL:
I hardly slept for the whole week and didn`t even complete the whole island.

Beautiful set. I have just returned from photographing a wedding in Santorini. We stayed in Perissa but I hired a car and saw Oia and Fira. Your pictures are fantastic - we must have been there at the same time (although we only ventured to Oia on the last night and saw the sunset, along with a million other folk!! lol)

2650622056_63d676f60a.jpg

2651654471_b38b36cc79.jpg

Hi Dimitri

Davenjulie - Perissa is lovely. We stayed in the Meltimi Village but it was awful and so moved to Hotel Gardenia - beautiful place!!

Am jealous!! :D

all i can say ALL the pictures in this thread have to be some of the best ive ever seen. It has made me realize WHAT i want to do and what i want to aim for

Thank you seriously :)

now to start practicing :)

Just have to agree with everyone else, a nice set and No.3 is stunning

:clap::clap::clap::clap: Gorgeous photos Dimitri, I'm too going to Perissa (TP meet in Santorini with Dave & Julie :LOL::LOL: )

I am completely inspired by your photographs and hope that I took can get. We have Oia and Fira planned as well. Might try and persuade husband to drive up to Oia for Sunrise!!!

all i can say ALL the pictures in this thread have to be some of the best ive ever seen. It has made me realize WHAT i want to do and what i want to aim for

I agree entirely. A stunning set. :clap: :clap:

Cathy

Oh, and the first one will be published in "Outdoor photography" magazine mid July.

That's such a great place to shoot, and those are excellent photo's.
I'm just pulling that first one, since it will be published, its just that top left bit, where the distortion "pulls" the buildings out of the frame, can't something be done with that or is it too late.
Love the cat inclusion though, all those blues and greys and then a big ginger moggy...(y), its only half the pic without it.

:clap::clap::clap::clap: Gorgeous photos Dimitri, I'm too going to Perissa (TP meet in Santorini with Dave & Julie :LOL::LOL: )

I am completely inspired by your photographs and hope that I took can get. We have Oia and Fira planned as well. Might try and persuade husband to drive up to Oia for Sunrise!!!
Oia for sunset you mean.
But if its summer time, you`ll have to be there at least 1 hour before sunset as it gets very busy and hard to find a good spot. Try to get a position on the old castle, its the best spot.
That's such a great place to shoot, and those are excellent photo's.
I'm just pulling that first one, since it will be published, its just that top left bit, where the distortion "pulls" the buildings out of the frame, can't something be done with that or is it too late.
Love the cat inclusion though, all those blues and greys and then a big ginger moggy...(y), its only half the pic without it.
As i like to shoot with the camera high on the tripod and looking down, you do get distortions with slr camera. It will never happen again though as i now have bought myself the TS-E 24mm L lens.

Thank you all for the comments once again.:)

Back