Finally got my new toy working

Edit My Images
No
Only took a month hahaha, but I finally got it to work wireless, so I can surf from quite a few places now, it's surprising how many people have open networks, bet most don't realise either.

ipaq1.jpg

well done, my network is encrypted but i still get the wireless network light flashing on the router when the laptop is turned off!

I'm using encryted net. Just entered the ssid of router and encryption key into ipaq.
Told router to give dedicated ip address to ipaq id and mac address. Network is
secure so I wont get any unwanted users playing on my network.

Nice

I tend to use the bluetooth link with my mobile on my Ipaq, getts a little expensive when i'm dragged on extended shopping trips though.

What card are you using on the Ipaq for the wifi ?

It's an Ipaq 6340 xda. It's a mobile phone also has built in wifi and bluetooth.
Next to get is the Bluetooth GPS stuff for SatNav.
Best part of all is the company paid for it as I dropped my moby - honest it was
an accident :LOL:

EosD said:
well done, my network is encrypted but i still get the wireless network light flashing on the router when the laptop is turned off!

Its the same on my setup but I am pretty sure that my network is secure as I have only one allowed mac address and full encryption enabled as well. Still get the lights flashings though :shock:

Mines all mac'd up aswell.

But now and again I go on my neighbours network, keeps my download bandwidth down, hehe.

Matt said:
Mines all mac'd up aswell.

But now and again I go on my neighbours network, keeps my download bandwidth down, hehe.

I can see my neighbours network but can't access it. It seems that they are at least a little security concious although if they really were worried I guess they would stop the broadcast of their network id.

Back