Free finally got the setup I wanted

Name
Bazza
Edit My Images
Yes
_DSC5012.jpg

so if anyone want to copy or think about, this is what I used

Tripod by PrimaPhoto (cheap but good and sturdy)
Moman Pan head ( Cheap but advantage of short handle so closer to the camcorder and screen)
Nikon SK-7 adjustable bar 9 (bent for a reason and drilled to fit tripod thread and part rubber removed and black hammerite to protect bare metal cut off for longer tripod hread to protrude)
Wireless remote control JJC SR-F2W. (the receiver fitted to bent bar so it doesn't foul the panning)
4 triple A batteries
128GB sandisk SD memory card
Sony FDR-AX53 camcorder
Sony ECM-XYST1M stereo microphone
Gutmann deadcat
Nikon DK-19 eyecup ( Not supplied Sony don't make one for this model)
Sony 55mm end cap (not supplied )
55mm UV filter (to protect the lens)
JJC LCD Hood Shade for 3" Screen
larger batteries than the one supplied
so maybe this will help anyone wanting to do the same type of thing

Not shown
Sony GP-VPT1 pistol grip

Last edited:
I've been following your posts for a few weeks with interest. I have also decided to get into video more than stills. I pondered on replacing my old trusty Nikon D90 with a 4K DSLR but finished up going down the camcorder route instead.

untitled-13.jpguntitled-2-5.jpguntitled-3-5.jpg

looks good but also a bit on the heavy side but goes very small . what swung it for me was the steady shot built in gimbal and of course the cost. I do have a heavy mafrotto tripod I can you instead if I wanted to. Also have a Sennheiser MK400 directional microphone but this stereo on is amazing, the heads are movable as well. the hotshoe has contacts for the mikke to connect to so no leads needed and powers off the camcorder battery

Last edited:
Back