Finally have one to post

Edit My Images
Yes
I love how I can completely give my full attention to something and be completely in the moment. Yesterday this fly got much more attention than it probably ever had. While I was lying comfortably on my side in the grass adjusting my settings and trying to figure out my camera now that its on a tripod and getting up close to this teeny tiny fly my son asked me "Dad, can I feed this grass to the dog?" "Yeah...okay" I responded... some seconds later adding "wait...what?" "what are you saying about the dog?"...
I think I am going to love shooting macro :love:.

After joining this forum many months back and reading often I now have a shot for posting:
100mm 3.2 1/60

8748029295_066203bd0b_c.jpg
[/url]
IMG_3871 by pattypans, on Flickr[/IMG]

That picture was well worth the effort at least you did not have the dog sticking its wet nose in your ear.

Thats a good shot, I'd crop it a little tighter. Loose the bottom and right hand buds that have been chopped. That will make the fly a little more dominant and there is nothing to pull you eye out of the frame.

Thank you both for taking a look and to you SeagullSteve for giving your input...how's this:

8749378533_b76ff62824_c.jpg
[/url]
Fly on Flowers by pattypans, on Flickr[/IMG]

I'm liking the cropped version!

Forgive me if I'm telling you things you already know.

You might want to bump your ISO to give yourself a higher shutter speed and eventually increase your aperture to F8 plus to give yourself more depth of field to combat the shallow depth of focus with your macro lens.

Tara

I prefer the crop also, looking forward to seeing more now you have started posting and received some good advice from here. ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you to all that have responded. This forum has been so helpful to me. I am also so happy with the cropped version. The advice and guidance I received is welcome and I appreciate all the feedback. I am looking forward to going back out. Thanks again.

Yeah, that crop certainly made a big difference. Thanks guys for the tips.

Well done Artoo, a decent shot there. The crop works well.

Does that fly appear to have a facial growth?

Back