Finally jumped in & ordered Nikon 18-200 VR Lens

DJW

Edit My Images
Yes
With jokers selling them for over £600 on EBAY, I thought I might aswell join the queue & if I don't like the lens I can sell it on again. Ordered online via Jessops & used 10% discount code to get it for just under £500. hey, I could even make some money here :naughty:

Anybody got their lens yet ?

Good choice for a walkabout/ general purpose holiday lens and it does seem to be getting good reviews. Let us know how you get on :)

aren't most 18-200's quite bad quality? Is the nikon something to shout about vs the others?

ken rockwell...lmao, bit of a joker but in some of the stuff he says there's some decent info. other than that apply salt by the truck load...

most seem to rate it alongside the 18-70 ED DX which is good enough for me :) definately considering it for travelling this summer.

the sigma and tamrons are also very good at all but the etremes apparently, ideal for what they're made for.

leoedin said:
aren't most 18-200's quite bad quality? Is the nikon something to shout about vs the others?
Sure it's not as sharp as having several shorter focal length lenses but the trade off is convenience and it is still pretty sharp :)

The advtange of the Nikon lens is that at 200mm it's F5.6, unlike the Sigma and Tamron lenses which are F6.3 at 200mm.

Good on you and well done Dave ... you will not regret it ! I think it is a great bit of kit and it is rarely off my camera ... biased, me ... no !?!

Seriously I am sure you will really enjoy it.

Good luck with it,

Oooo oooo, whats the 10% discount code? Is it something that anyone can use?

/me gets ready to order one :D

Voucher seems to have expired. No what you mean Spencer as I put it off months ago due to waiting list. My thoughts are they don't take the money until it arrives, then you could sell on again for no loss after n' months (if waiting list still exists) on fleabay, if you don't like it.

Or ... like me you could tell 'em you are going on a once in a lifetime adventurous/honeymoon/first anniversary type holiday and they may jump the queue for you !?! :p

Shhhhhhhh ... 'posed to be a secret ! :naughty:

You not gottit yet Dave ??? :thinking:

DJW said:
Nope....but I like your ploy ;)

Not really a ploy ... twas the truth honest guv ... :p

and my continual nagging in a pleading, whimpish manner finally paid off ... the evening before we flew out I picked it up ... :clap:

phew, close call that one but all credit to the supplier for coming up trumps ! (y)

Hope you don't have to wait too much longer m8 !

Back