Finally plucked up the courage.....Self portrait, now show us yours.

Edit My Images
Yes
Hi all,

Well I've done it, I'm not really one for having photo's done of myself and usually cringe if I see someone pointing a camera towards me.

Whilst looking through loads of photos my mississ mentioned that there were hardly any with me in.....just the usual stuff with her and the kids.

I dont really consider myself to be very photogenic......when i look in the mirror all i see is.....well....a wonky face :eek: and I would much rather be on the blunt end of the camera.

This photo was taken quite crudely with the camera at arms length pointing back at me whilst standing under the light in the kitchen and then PP in photoshop.

So, I'll show you mine if you show yours. If you've been a bit sqeemish about showing yourself to the public....do it now.(I'm still having second thoughts :thinking: as I'm typing) surley some of you guys feel the same way....or is it just me:wacky:?

Anyway .......Here goes.

Just noticed it could do with a little tidying up around the edges but , if i dont post it now, i never will.

SelfPortraitResize.jpg

Nice lighting, Well done. :)

I was expecting John Merrick as I read the post,

Jeez, I'm definately more uglierer than yow !!

I'll work on a self portrait and post it somewhere, at some point !!

That's a good, strong face, nowt wrong with that! Sounds like you're as bad as my fella for putting himself down.
excellent attempt at a self portrait too.(y)

Don't think you should be shy, you take a pretty good photo.

Here's me.
I'm way uglier than you :D

main.php

Hi Helium_junkie,

Cheers for posting a photo (y)i was starting to feel all lonely,

All you need dude, is a bit of moisturiser on the left side of your face, your skin looks a little dry to me;)

Looks all nicely aligned, nice one:clap:

Ive posted loads of self portraits, just search for my early posts ;)

Nice work though (y)

Hey Doozie, it's a very good photo and it's funny, but my uncle recommended that I take some portrait shots from below the subject looking up. I thought it would be a naff idea because I wouldn't want nostrils filling the frame, but you've proved the idea works. :)

Helium_Junkie, I like yours, you've blended it quite well.

I will post one of my other self portraits as I've already got one published in 'My Horror Mate Mandy' post. You did ask to see ours!

vampire-mandy.jpg

Well there is nothing wrong with that photo doozie in a manly sort of way of course :cautious: hehehehe
there is with the other 2 sort of attractive to me in a Grinch sort of way :p

I really like that shot doozie, the lighting shows off your bone structure :)
I couldn't decide which picture of myself to post, because unlike some of you (or as you say) I have taken many pictures of myself.... I sound narcistic but I swear I'm not! It's good practise...
Anyways since everyone seems to be posting darker pictures, I'll post my darker shot too :) It's not really my favourite picture though, you can tell I'm definitely no model.

2179386036_98111e5fdd.jpg

I was really exhausted and a bit sad that day...

Some good pictures there...

POsted this one of myself a while ago - but here it is again .... looking like I should be on the back of a book about boxing .....

prokkkbs_best.jpg

Cheers

Anth

It's not really my favourite picture though, you can tell I'm definitely no model.

I was really exhausted and a bit sad that day...

I think you take an excellent picture :) The feelings come through just enough to provoke a response, but not so much as to depress.

I'm loving all these dark and B+W shots, such emotion in them! :)

All such fantastic efforts, I think I'll take some more self portraits after this inspiring thread :)

To continue the dark theme!

Self-Portrait.jpg

Back