Finally seen a White Tailed Sea Eagle

Name
Adam
Edit My Images
Yes
Tried on holiday last year but failed but here in Scotland again and finally seen them today, once while on Loch Shiel Cruise (anyone visiting really should do this as Jim is a great host and really knows his stuff) and again on way home to our loch cabin where I took these (they are heavily cropped but so pleased they not just black blobs in sky like my Golden Eagle shots were !)

White Tailed Sea Eagle by Adam Sibbald, on Flickr

White Tailed Sea Eagle by Adam Sibbald, on Flickr

Last edited:
Great to see them, they were 'blobs' for me when I visited Skye :(

Well done on getting the shots, I tried to find some last year in the Highlands an failed, going back
up next month for three weeks to try my luck again.

Well caught. What a sight they are. I've seen one flying above us on the Isle of Mull, it glided along effortless and as it passed over us it looked down on us..almost with contempt I'm sure…lol. It was one of those impressive things you see in life that stays with you like a photo.. never to be forgotten..

Thanks all for comments they say lightnning never strikes twice but went out on cruise at Skye today and had pleasure of seeing 4 in total (one breeding pair) and a juvenile pair that they were hoping might breed this year but looks like it will be next year now, I'll post up more photos later I'm hoping I have some of the male taking a fish off the surface the boat threw out for it :)

Back