Finally something nice at last!

Name
Paul
Edit My Images
No
Still rainy season here, but I went to look in the garden for wet flies, found a couple and a spiderling, but then my attention was grabbed by something far prettier - and not before time. It landed on my hand (finger) as well as the leaf of the nearby spiraea shrub. This is the gentle lacewing (Chrysopidae) (Chrysopa perla)).

1024LW2.jpg

1024LW1-Edit.jpg

Paul.

Last edited:
What a beauty, its wings look so delicate do not think I have ever seen one.

They are delicate - when it landed on me I was scared of crushing it even though I didn't touch it!

Paul.

Very nice mate. I'm never lucky enough to find lacewings.

Amazing colouring.... suspect that detail has been lost on here and as they aren't Flickr links can't see there.

Excellent find... its raining here so it's snails and slugs available.

Very nice mate. I'm never lucky enough to find lacewings.

Thanks Ian m8 :)

Amazing colouring.... suspect that detail has been lost on here and as they aren't Flickr links can't see there.

Excellent find... its raining here so it's snails and slugs available.

Even on Flickr they are resized down to 1024x768, but I'll add them anyway for you to look at Bryn.

Paul.

These two shots are very nice indeed Paul, colour, composition, detail are all spot on.(y)

George.

A very nice find at last for you and 2 very nice shots of this little Lacey :)

Very nice Paul. I obviously like the natural background shots but finger shots always make me smile and give a better idea of scale. I lovely little find. I'm very jealous!

Very nice Paul. I obviously like the natural background shots but finger shots always make me smile and give a better idea of scale. I lovely little find. I'm very jealous!

Thanks Tim - not a regular find for many of us so always nice when one puts in an appearance.

Paul.

It's not just finding them. It's finding them in a position where you can shoot them, or at least get them to keep still for a while, let alone get them to pose like you have!

It's not just finding them. It's finding them in a position where you can shoot them, or at least get them to keep still for a while, let alone get them to pose like you have!

@TimmyG The first time I saw it was not so perfect...

1024backend.jpg

Paul.

Back