Finally took a landscape photo that isn't poo!

Name
Chris Ratford
Edit My Images
Yes
I have finally managed to take a half decent landscape photo with my G9. I've been really struggling with very flat dull looking photos but I've been getting a bit better over the last few attempts. This was 4 portrait shots stiched together taken whilst out dh bikig in the alps.

Morzine2009044sm.jpg

I like it, but what's that grey line running along the ground? You just seem to lose the picture there.... if it's the horizon of the foreground hills then it looks very strange.

Better than any daytime landscape I've ever done though, doesn't look over-processed or anything so it puts a tick in many boxes that I'm yet to tick myself.

I like it as well - brings me back to my climbing days - one of those vistas that seems to go on for ever!

I can't see teh grey line that Jaffster refers to ...

I think he means the transition between the mountain I'm on, and the mountains in the background. There is a massive great valley between the 2, hence the dramatic change.

Ahh Les Dents Du Midi. I know this view well, winter and summer. Good work.

Arcsoft Panoramic Maker ... Wonderful program. I've only just downloaded the trial (outputs small images) and everything I've put through it has been stitched together brilliantly. Unfortunatly the full version is super expensive ($95 I think) and the holiday has bankrupt me so I can't afford to buy it!

I have finally managed to take a half decent landscape photo with my G9. I've been really struggling with very flat dull looking photos but I've been getting a bit better over the last few attempts. This was 4 portrait shots stiched together taken whilst out dh bikig in the alps.

Morzine2009044sm.jpg

Pretting bloody epic (y) Looks like a lovely part of the world, and you captured it perfectly.

Gary.

Back