Finally...

Ambermile

A Whole Lot of Sparkle..
Name
Arthur
Edit My Images
No
yup, at last, I have a working Fujicarex! I even have 50mm and 85mm lenses for it which is almost unheard of...

This weekend, I are mostly... well, you can guess :thinking:

Arthur :naughty:

:LOL: Awsome, look forward to seeing some stuff!

Bry

Well, looks like I screwed up the processing as well as over-exposed the damned things! I hate shooting in the rain. Whatever, the camera's a good'un at least, and very odd in use - the exposure and focus setting is done from the back of the camera with two wheels - inside there're little wheels, pulleys, bits of string and so on transferring movement to the right place... even the film rewind handle is on the send of the camera at 90 degrees to the film! Brilliant! I just love this camera for it's pure pointlessness, it has a between the lens shutter and it is an SLR... front half of the lens comes off to change, back half and shutter stays put! That shutter is also the aperture, when you hit the big button it closes completely, the mirror flips out of the way exposing the film, the iris then opens to the correct aperture for the desired time then closes, the mirror comes down, and the iris opens again ready for the next shot. Beautifuil bit of engineering that is just for the hell of it! Those wheels at the back? The focus one actually moves the complete lens/shutter assembly in and out while the exposure one moves both the speed and aperture rings contra to each other to set a faster speed as you select a wider aperture. There's a two-stage meter inside as well! It has a custom case with lens mounts to hold the spare lenses! This thing is so decadent that even Louis XIIII would have called it over the top!

5-8-2010_013-800.jpg

5-8-2010_023-800.jpg

5-8-2010_024-800.jpg

5-8-2010_022-800.jpg

So yes, I screwed up the whole process and yet, I like the outcome :D

fuji-1.jpg

fuji-2.jpg

Not sure what it is, but I really like number II :) Good job Arthur :)

:LOL: it's the Deore XT rear mech on my bike, with the road wheels on. #3's the new Bontrager front chainset I just fitted last week (to replace the XT triple) so I can use the bike, #4's the winter wheels.

No idea what it is, other than it's aqua-formed aluminium, excellently smooth and comfortable to ride, hard or gently, looks drop-dead sexy and costs a fortune for a headset (made my own seats in the end rather than spend £120 on just one...). 4 years ago I decided I could finally afford the bike I wanted 20 years ago... (after a bit of an accident with the current ride) so I spent a few months buying the bits and there you go. Only "new" additions are the disc brakes, a sop to the pansy wrists I am left with after the past year's debilitations.

http://www.talkphotography.co.uk/forums/showpost.php?p=2584866&postcount=7

Here's the old and new. Well, not that new this was a couple of years back when I cycled the Lea Navigation.

http://myweb.tiscali.co.uk/ambermile/bike.htm

Arthur

Back