Finches, Tits, Fieldfare.

dinners

In Memoriam
Name
Phil
Edit My Images
Yes
Last few from yesterday's snowy garden shots.

Of all the birds I get coming to the feeders the Goldfinches and Chaffinches are proving to be the most difficult to photograph. There will be dozens of them but as soon as I go outside - they're off and unlike the other birds they're very reluctant to come back close enough for a detailed shot whilst I'm still outside.:bonk:

5425808651_8740e15b0f_z.jpg

5425681591_4c26a11df6_z.jpg

5425806217_701db6d247_z.jpg

5426405580_306b15da5b_z.jpg

5425810989_317fc3edc6_z.jpg

Last edited:
Of all the birds I get coming to the feeders the Goldfinches and Chaffinches are proving to be the most difficult to photograph. There will be dozens of them but as soon as I go outside - they're off and unlike the other birds they're very reluctant to come back whilst I'm still outside.:bonk:
Something to do with your looks Phil :shrug: ;) I know what you mean though, both species can be really cautious when you are in the area. Some lovely captures though (y)

Thanks for the comments Rich - about the shots not my looks (y)

I might have to set up some sort of makeshift hide - plenty of cover in summer but not in the winter.

Thanks for the comments Rich - about the shots not my looks (y)

I might have to set up some sort of makeshift hide - plenty of cover in summer but not in the winter.

Good idea, it`s always good to have a backup plan of attack :LOL: Iseem to have just one solitary Goldfinch and a solitary female Chaffinch and tbh I thought that this was probably the reason why they were so timid, maybe not :shrug: Were these in your garden Phil?

Yep - all my birdy shots (garden bird types) are taken in the back garden.

I'm quite lucky as it backs onto hillside and woodland and the feeders seem to bring them in.

Last edited:
Back