Finding a Font

Name
Janice
Edit My Images
Yes
A friend has asked me to change the title of his website to use the font called Algeria Baby which is the same as his letterheading.

I dont have this font available in Dreamweaver MX and I dont have it in my windows fonts folder either.

Now, if I do manage to get hold of it... then most of his clients wont be able to see it on their computers will they, unless they have the font installed on their pc's.

Should I tell him to choose something a bit more standard and everyone will be able to see it the same?

His letterheading is only one he prints himself from his home printer so it wouldnt be difficult to change.

To use it on a website so others can see it, put it as a picture, so create a pic in photoshop with this as the text, save as jpeg and then upload.

To do this you will need the font on your machine to create the pic in the first place.

I might have it, I'm away from home tonight "down south" ;) but if you aint found it by wednesday i'll have a look

don't have it here either.

(that was a really pointless post).... :exit::LOL:

You may have trouble finding this font as I don't think it exists. Your client may mean Algerian - instead of Algeria. And then, the 'Baby' annotation may well be something concocted by the letterhead designer.

I've been caught out in this way in the past - twice!! Grrrrrr! A design house reworks a company image and all the letterheads etc and creates their own font in doing so. Usually just a small and meaningless modification to an existing font. But it is enough for them to call their own. And charge you silly money if you want another firm, such as a web monkey, to use the font.

/rant off

back to your font problem. I'm usually fairly good at finding fonts. And I've drawn a blank on this one :shrug:

His letterhead isnt designed... just his son did it on their computer at home. So they must have it on theirs. perhaps i will get the font on a disc from theirs... make a picture of it in photoshop like KIM said, and take it from there.

I have found it by doing a google, but not somewhere that I can download from.
Algerian looks the same and will do.

Yes that is what i was trying to say in the post a few above!! In my clumsy way! I will go round and get it from theirs and hopefully short it that way.

But with their customers not having it, i will do best to make it up as a photo for the title of the site.

Thanks for you help, everyone. (y)

he can email it to you Janice, he just needs to find it in the fonts folder in c:/windows

i tried to find it but i couldnt, lol

If you have the filename of the font, I'll have a look in my fonts backup. Got trillions of the buggers.

Algerian, but not 'Algerian Baby' is downloadable - for a fee. Let me know if you need the link.

20070814114440uh5.jpg

Is that it?

Back