Finding it difficult to be discovered?

Do you all still advertise?
I am afraid I go for the even more ancient art of talking to people I want to do some work for. I am a technophobe, so all I see out there in internet land is a sea of photographers, all clambering over one another in an attempt to be at the top of the pile waving their flag...... just how many websites for photographers are there? Even just in the UK there must be 100,000. Imagine trying to make yours stand out more than the other 99,999. The person who knocks on the door and asks to see someone IN PERSON, dressed reasonably smartly, not a 3-piece suit, and with an easy conversational attitude, generally gets a reasonable response.

:LOL: Loving the detective work : Another spammer bites the dust:bat:

I spend a fair chunk of my daily life doing (what I think is) ethical SEO and this sort of practice drives me crazy (and doesn't even really work that well these days anyway, but is beloved of the "Top of Google for $99" merchants).

And breathe... :)

:LOL: Loving the detective work : Another spammer bites the dust:bat:

I spend a fair chunk of my daily life doing (what I think is) ethical SEO and this sort of practice drives me crazy (and doesn't even really work that well these days anyway, but is beloved of the "Top of Google for $99" merchants).

And breathe... :)

Welcome by the way... 17 posts in 4 months. We are a discussion forum :D
Actually Commercial SEO experience could be interesting to some, even if it's just to ward off the cowboys.

Welcome by the way... 17 posts in 4 months. We are a discussion forum :D
Actually Commercial SEO experience could be interesting to some, even if it's just to ward off the cowboys.

I know, I know... ya git! :LOL: Life just gets in the way sometimes! Which is why my E300 gathers too much dust.

That said, I went to a talk by Matt Hart in Liverpool recently which reignited my love of photography - I'd love to be out doing some of that at the moment rather than writing training notes for Cyber Security & GDPR!

Always happy to talk SEO & give tips & advice incidentally. I'm not the best but I'm not the worst & I know most of the scammy approaches out there. I'm not touting for work though, this place is my hobby space :)

Back