Finland in january.

Name
Kris
Edit My Images
No
I have been asked to grab some photos for an event in Finland around January (mid/late) and was curious on the effect the cold will have on my equipment. The location will obviously be inside, however I believe it will be more cabin than hotel. I don't have 100% of the details, just want to start getting to grips with the task at hand. I have a 550d am looking at adding a 100-400L to my collection specifically for this event. Any help is greatly appreciated. :)

W

I took my 400D there last January and it was fine, the battery obviously dies quickly when outside so make sure you have a spare to swap over. The -30 temps also did strange things to my parents bridge camera LCD screen but the one on the 400D was fine.

I'm guessing you're not going to have much issue with the temperature if it's in a cabin though.

LuizzeOliveira said:
It is little difficult to go for photography in January at Finland because of it's weather. The temperature of Finland is very low in January. It daily highs ranging from -8°C to -11°C over the course of the month.

It's not difficult...it's just cold :)

You'll get sunlight from about 9.30am to around 3pm.

Back