Beginner Fire Juggler...

Name
Rob
Edit My Images
Yes
It was 'Festive Night' in Cheddar this evening and having never taken any night time flash shots before I decided it would be a good Rob style trial and error session! Not unsurprisingly, significantly more error resulted, but I thought I might post up these two of a juggler with firey clubs...

Fire Juggler 1 (Cheddar Festive Night)
by Rabc3, on Flickr

Fire Juggler 2 (Cheddar Festive Night 2013)
by Rabc3, on Flickr

Both were were 0.8 sec, f/2.8 ISO100, (the most successful shutter speed) shot on my 600D with 17-55mm zoom, full Manual and RAW, only minor use of LR to edit to JPEG. I tried various exposure times to get the movement and had, (only the on camera pop up sadly) flash firing on rear curtain to try and freeze the action - not entirely successfully. Aside from the limitations of the flash - and the shooter - it would be great to hear your thoughts and suggestions for improving my technique here?

Thanks,

Rob

Last edited:
Just to clarify in case anyone thinks I'm a complete nutter - I wanted the movement of the flames as the clubs flew through the air captured as they are - hence the 0.8 sec exposure, but I was hoping to then use the flash to 'freeze' the juggler... :)

Rob

Back