Firefox 3

Edit My Images
Yes
Been trying this out and happy so far, only gripe is tabs. In IE 7 when I open a new tab it will also load up my home page (Google) . In FF3 when I open a new tab using ctrl/T or from the file menu the new tab is blank until I click the Home Icon. Not a great inconvenience but I'd rather new tabs in FF opened up with my home page, can this be done ?

I've searched through all the tools/options but can't see anything for it, maybe I am missing something.

FWIW, I suspect that the reason FF3 can't do that by default is that your homepage can be set to several pages (in different tabs) so, if you open one new tab, which page should it load?

I have always just ctrl clicked on the home icon to open a new "blank" tab anyway so never noticed that.

I have always just ctrl clicked on the home icon to open a new "blank" tab anyway so never noticed that.

Hmm, never knew that, mind you it doesn't follow FF's normal modifier key convention - Alt is the key that forces a new tab for everything else :bang:

Hmm, never knew that, mind you it doesn't follow FF's normal modifier key convention - Alt is the key that forces a new tab for everything else :bang:

I just ctrl click on anything I want to open in a new tab to be honest, never investigate it further...I am probably missing lots of useful little shortcuts :p For example I can never remember the useful shortcut combo to post on here :(

I just ctrl click on anything I want to open in a new tab to be honest, never investigate it further...I am probably missing lots of useful little shortcuts :p For example I can never remember the useful shortcut combo to post on here :(

Hmm, just tried Ctrl-clicking on a link and it does indeed open in a new tab - although you have to use Alt in the URL bar, e.g. type google then Alt-Return and it opens in a new tab. Maybe they've changed things to work more like IE :puke: - even though I'm running it on *nix :bang:

Edit: Actually, there's an even easier way to open a link - including the Home button - in a new tab; just middle-click (y)

And middle click a tab to close it.. awesome shortcut :D

Ctrl click has been "open in new tab" for as long as I remember using firefox

mobilevirgin gave me the link for the plugin which I needed, works a treat and ech time I want a new tab ie; ctrl/T it opens with my homepage google.

Errr, you have noticed the big google search bar in the top right? Just fire up a new tab and use the box to search. easy.

But some people just feel much more at home when they are at their homepage.. I've even seen people pressing the back button 10 times or more just to go back to their "comfort zone".

(in fact I know that some even go to their homepage which is Google.. even though they are on a google search results page :D).

Back