Fireworks, can't get it right

Name
Shamus
Edit My Images
Yes
Was out with my friends to catch some firework @ countdown. but not sure which aperture to use and what shutter speed, didn't know where is the firework coming from and it all happen just in a few minutes :shrug:

I thought the fireworks would come out from this view so i position myself to shoot it against it, apparently i was.........:shake:

gotta wait till 2013 now :LOL:

That final view would've been spectacular (beyond those two metal posts). Not sure what's wrong with the other firework images- might just be that they weren't what you were hoping for because on a technical level they look pretty good to me.

I always try to use a tripod and that gives you chance to overlay 2 or more frames to get better coverage of colours or fill the space better.

Can't really see any problems with any of these shots, I think they are really nice.
The last shot is a cracker even with the absence of fireworks.

As with the others I don't see any technical issues with the photo's that you've posted you have captured, maybe it's the disappointment of not getting the photo's you hoped for :bang: as that would have been very spectacular :(

Matt
MWHCVT

Thanks guys, was really disappointed that i couldn't position myself right. The picture would be so much better with the office buildings behind!

I really like the firework shots, I think the objects in the foreground really work, instead of alot of firework shots you see which are just blackness with the explosion in the center! Agreed the fireworks in the sky of the last shot would be fantastic, but you can't win them all!

dnt know *** ur talking about mate... they've come out really good.. a little sharper and they would be EVEN better

Back