Fireworks - How to shot them?

Name
Marcus
Edit My Images
No
Ok so off to the local firework display tomorrow night with the kids and have just found out there is a photo competition.:help:

So will be equipped with D80, Tokinia 12-24 F4, Tripod and cable release.

Loaded question what do I do??

How do you get the best results?

Guessing about ISO 200 F8 - F11, shutter experiment?

Thanks for your help(y)

2.5s/3s on SP mode, Auto ISO using Firework Setting on the s1730 DSLR. I know every camera is different depending on specifications and preferences, but if this helps in any way.

Can I ask what is probably a reeeeeeaaallllly silly question - what do you guys mean when you say set manual focus to infinity?

Sorry, I haven't used MF before, but really want to get some good shots of the fireworks tomorrow night!

Thank-you for help will post some piccies for critique if I can work out how to do it:)

On the lens the infinity is like a number 8 on its side, on this everything should be in focus, hope this helps, basic but a beginner explanation (me that is)

Thanks for that - but should I be able to see the infinity sign on the lens? Because I don't seem to be able to see it?

Gosh I'm probably being so stupid here!!

Should be on the focusing ring, or in the window on your lens, you may have a switch on your lenses to switch into manual

Back