Fireworks

Name
John
Edit My Images
No
Handheld 1/20th wide open f/3.5, iso 1000 Nikon D70.
If that isn't a recipe for orrible scape pictures, I dont know what is.:LOL:
Nikon Capture noise reduction salvaged these just about, shame their a bit soft.
Some Yorkys might recognise the building.

2qxsyeg.jpg

2n1x8c0.jpg

29lim3s.jpg

Don't know what it is, but that first shot is cracking. It's unusual to not see the base of the building, considering nearly all the shots you come across of similar style have the majority of the stucture in the frame. And the way the tower looks to be coming out of the smoke it awsome! The lines work well and the overall exposure is spot on.

Saying all that though, I do really like the second shot as well :D

Agree with Woodsy 100% (y)

Absolutely bang on! Great composition with the Minster in the background, and as a backdrop for the son et lumiére. Top marks. A great set.

Don't know what it is, but that first shot is cracking. It's unusual to not see the base of the building, considering nearly all the shots you come across of similar style have the majority of the stucture in the frame. And the way the tower looks to be coming out of the smoke it awsome! The lines work well and the overall exposure is spot on.

Saying all that though, I do really like the second shot as well :D

They are pyrotechnics, I dont know the difference between that and fireworks, but they had a load of equipment set up on the floor in front of the building, I thought they were just lights that shone on to it.
I dont mind telling you, I totally s**t myself when those on the floor went off, can't have been more than 10ft away.
The building is..*fanfare*..Bradford town hall

Thanks guys..

Bratferd Tahn 'All?

Bloody 'eck, I thought it looked like York Minster. Then I noticed the clock! Shows how long it is since I've been to either! :LOL:

Great set. That's a steady hand at a 20th with all that going on!!!

#2 for me too. Great stuff - esp at the shutter speed / handheld combo! Cool as ice :D

Liking these lots...i have to admit that when i read the title, i was expecting the run of the mill shots that we've all seen over and over...so I was pleasantly suprised to these fab shots. (y)

Well i'm going to go for the 3rd one, although the other two are nice I feel the 3rd is less busy and much more atmospheric with the smoke around the tower like that. Very Goth like and waiting for the vampires to swoop down any moment :cautious:
Ken.

Those are mental! :D Looks like it was an excellent display, and you've done alright for handheld, got a lot going on per shot! Nice one :)

Back