Firing 2 cameras at same time..

Name
jayo fleming
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi,

Im not sure if this topic is about,if it is I would appreciate if you could direct me there :) ..

Any way, Im purchasing a new 7d this week, and my question is what way would i go about firing the camera i have at the moment (450d) and the new 7d at the same time ( wirelessly ) ,while one been static and manual focused .

Il be using it at motorsport mainly.. I take it I would need triggers and so forth, any more knowledge on what else i would need etc would be greatly appreciated.

I have a hannell flash trigger/receiver if that can be used?

cheers for your help.

jayo.

Yep, 2 ways you could do it, put the transmitter on the 7d hothoe and the receiver to the remote and the cable in the remote port and each time you fire the 7d it will fire the 450d.

or you could have 2 receivers conected one to each camera and then use the transmitter button to fire both cameras.

You are talking about a remote camera i think, in which case you want a set of Pocket Wizards. There are ways to DIY them so that they will fire via walkie talkies to increase the range to circa a mile.

Look up a photographer called Mark Rebilas, he loves his remote cameras (you probably saw his D700/Lens remote camera getting destroyed by a dragster).

Back