Firing Canon Speedlights with Interfit Badgers

Name
Johnny
Edit My Images
Yes
Hey,

I've recently got 3x Interfit Badger Unleashed strobes and I want to fire them alongside my Canon RT-600's. I have the Interfit TTL remote trigger as well as the Canon. I also have a Andor dual flash shoe adapter but it doesn't seem to be firing both using it.

Any solutions?

Camera is an EOS R

Last edited:
I cannot fathom how the dual flash adaptor can allow running two systems in TTL simultaneously; I imagine that's the issue. You could try running them in manual and see if that works. If it doesn't, I would put one system into optical slave mode and just use one trigger.

I work in manual anyway. I just can't get the Canon one to fire when the Interfit one is attached. I wonder if there is enough power to go to the second one?

If you can't connect the triggers together you could just have the Badger's act as slaves to any RT600's using their IR sensor.

I would guess it's just a "path of least resistance" kind of thing.
It may even be polarity?.
I had problems way back in the mists of time with courtney studio lights, worked fine with pentax, nikon, and canon, until one of the guys got a new canon (cant remember the model now) it just would not fire the lights, it fired on camera flash or my metz 45/60 no problem, he took it back and swopped it, same problem, eventually I rang canon, they said this model had different polarity to the others, I made a new flash lead (just reversed the contacts) and bingo, it worked fine. What a faff about.

Back