First 300D piccies

Edit My Images
No
Had my first full day of playing with my new camera today. Here are some of the results. To say I am pleased is an understatement.

Gullcomp.jpg

f5.0
1/1000 sec
133mm
ISO 100

Gull2comp.jpg

f5.0
1/500 sec
119mm
ISO 100

Groinbw.jpg

f5.0
1/80 sec
18mm
ISO 100
(greyscale / levels / contrast in PS)

Altar.jpg

f8.0
1/200 sec
55mm
ISO 400

BeachyHeadsunset.jpg

f5.6
1/500 sec
35mm
ISO 100

They are all greatm that camera seems to work better in your hands than its previous owners :LOL:

I like the shot through the window, its very moody. The first of the seagull shots is very good also, you have managed to get the exposure on the gull spot on whilst not blowing out the backround. You have also managed to get the gull in front of the water if it was any higher the picture would not have carried the same impact as the gull would have been lost against the busy backgroung.

The picture of the breakers at the beach is also an excellent black and white, however for this shot I would have stepped slightly to either side and maybe got a little of the scale and allowed the posts to lead the eyes into the photograph.

Like you say, you should be happy with that set of pictures, especially since the camera is new to you. Well done and thanks for showing them. [smilie=t:

nice shots Steve, how you meter the seagul shots, i got mine far to dark and had to rescue them a little!

Great shots Steve

like SteveB. i'd have liked to have seen the trail of breakers leading off on an slight angle, but your shot still works well.

The gull pictures are spot on for me, the first is the winner though,

look forward to seeing some more

The shot through the church window is great, I love the framing with the window and great composition.

Wish my first shots with the 300D was that good !!!

matty said:
nice shots Steve, how you meter the seagul shots, i got mine far to dark and had to rescue them a little!

Metering? Luck was probably a lot to do with it? Metering is shown as average in Exif data. And i think i had WB set to bright sunshine.

ahh were you in manual mode? if you were it would select the best one...

Great pics, Fungus... Bet you're glad you got the 300D now, ain't you? [smilie=t:

Back