First attempt at baby photography

As nobody has commented so far, I'll add my 2p worth.

#1 I really like the pose an framing. You can see how proud dad is, and it's a lovely moment captured. I'm trying to decide if I like the high key processing or not. Maybe if it was mum and baby, rather than dad? Not sure. Focus looks a little soft on baby's eye (could be the resolution if the file).

#2 Very nice, and I like the vignette (I don't often say that but I think it works in this shot).

#3 Love the pose, and the way the blanket leads the eye to the baby. May be resolution again, or intentional, but focus looks very soft.

1. I like the shot but I'm not keen on the processing at all. It almost looks like a lovey candid shot that someone's tried to sex-up to fine art.

2. The shot is fine, but Its done to death. Also a stray finger which I find distracting. I can't remember ever seeing a white vignette look good.

3. It's not in focus and that's a real shame. Better luck next time!

Quick and dirty critique and the only other thing I'd say is keep your editing consistent. They're all completely different in terms of black tones and I think that kind of ruins them... I'm on my holidays so sorry if this sounds blunt!

Back