had a day out at martin mere wwt and had a go at bif while i was there

20091031-DSC02847Medium.jpg

20091031-DSC02949Medium.jpg

slashdown
20091031-DSC02953Medium.jpg

comments welcome

Hard, isn't it.

Hard, isn't it.

:agree: good attempt though, I would be inclined to sharpen #1 up a bit as it looks a bit soft around the head, #2 looks pretty good as well but could do with some more editing to tone the brightness down a bit and give it a bit of saturation.

Nice first try. I like #1, could be bit sharper but like the panning effect.

Keep at it!

the problem is i'm crap at doing this photoshop stuff :thumbsdown::thumbsdown:

Nice first try. I like #1, could be bit sharper but like the panning effect.

Keep at it!

that was a total lucky shot and a large crop

Last edited:

:LOL: Well first off a lot of us were crap to begin with as far as editing, and a lot of us myself included are still learning. My advise would be instead of posting up loads of shots which in the back of your mind you know could be improved, stick a picture up and ask people what could be improved upon,and if your not sure how to go about it then ask again, between us all we can usually help ;) Love it or hate it, taking the picture is only part of it. If you feel this is the way forward for you then turn on the editing in your profile this will allow others to make adjustments and hopefully explain how they whent about it. (y)

Last edited:

that was a total lucky shot and a large crop

well now you've done it, if you like the effect next time go out and try to reproduce it.

I'm still very much learning this myself, something I found by the coast with seagulls, is birds often come up and go round in the same path, so if you find somewhere under said path, you know birds will fly over and you can practise your technique.

what autofocus mode do you guys use for birds in flight :shrug:, i'm guessing continuous mode but area or spot :thinking: would the area setting make it easier to focus on the birds

what autofocus mode do you guys use for birds in flight :shrug:, i'm guessing continuous mode but area or spot :thinking: would the area setting make it easier to focus on the birds

Continuous focus mode, and either single or dynamic area, depending on how i`m shaping up.If all is well, spot focus, if i`m shaping numb,which is the norm, then I use dynamic.....:)

Back