first attempt at fashion style photography

Name
Chris
Edit My Images
Yes
i dont have any fast glass as of yet so the dof isnt as shallow as i wanted.

2622170036_c69abb124f.jpg

2622169054_1321274525.jpg

anything constructive about lighting or composition is much appreciated

cheers

Well the lighting looks good to me, #1 I hate that green pipe, it really draws my eye, also that little black triangle top left.

#2, wheelie bins and the sun highlighting that bush, if you could lose them at your next shoot, brilliant !

In fact looking at #1 again, I reckon that rusty silo has lots of potential ?

cheers, the pipe was anoying. ill go back and reshoot against that insinerator and post them on here when ive done it.

anything else?

cheers, the pipe was anoying. ill go back and reshoot against that insinerator and post them on here when ive done it.

anything else?

You have a great area to work with there, all I would say is look what is going on in frame a couple of feet to your left and I would think you would have lost the pipe ?

Maybe try and get some eye contact with the model, I do like the lighting though, how did you do it ?

i metered for the forground and underexposed it about half a stop. i then used a flash just to the left of the model set for the correct exposure the area the model was. was quite lucky in the first as i got a sort of natural rimlight coming through the buildingd behind :)

I would say imho fashion is about the clothes-so blurred backgrounds work best for me.

yeah i know exactly what you mean, im waiting till i have got myself a secound flash and skyports then im buying a 50mm 1.8 which should do the trick i think.

Yeah soz now i can see you put that at the start lol

Whats the fastest glass you have then.

the kit lens that comes with the 400d which is f3.5. for this i was using my 35-135mm f4-f5 because its jsut so much sharper!

Back